I'm upgrading this black epiphone SG with grover tuners. One of the originals was damaged. The screw holes are in a different place, I'm trying to fill in the old ones and touch up, but I might have to repaint the back of the headstock. Even 1500grit wet sandpaper scuffed the finish. What's the best way/best materials to use to do this efficiently in terms of cost and time?
I have a black Epi Les Paul that got scratched on the top. Used 3000 wet and automotive scratch remover to almost make it disappear. Have to get it at the right angle to tell there was anything wrong.

www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g10307-scratchxreg-20/

Don't use any kind of mechanical buffer. Elbow grease and time.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
I pulled out a sanding kit I use for turntable lids. It goes from 3000 grit to 12000 grit. It seems to be working well. Now I have to figure out how to touch up over the filled in holes.
Hey, a fellow turntable resurrector, cool!

Depending on how particular you want to get about filling the holes, you could try a bit of melted crayon then topped of with some clear nail polish. That's what I did to fill in the pickguard hole on my Plustop Pro.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7