Heyyy UG!

I am looking for a new amp for playing in my bedroom. I live alone so it can be pretty loud. I play alot of metalcore and hard rock and I am looking for something that can handle that very well!

My budget is around $1200 and I need both an amp and a cab. What would you suggest? What would suit me best? THANKS!
If you are only going to play in your bedroom, nothing more, than a Peavey 6505+MH would be all you need. Peavey also has a 2x12 cabinet coming out in a couple weeks with Celestian Greenbacks, which would be a great match, and both would be within your budget. Otherwise, any 2x12 with those speakers or vintage 30s, and you'd be hard pressed to need an upgrade for a very long time. If you have aspirations to gig out with it one day, a Peavey Valveking 2 100 watt has a really cool feature where you can reduce the wattage to either 25 watts or 5 watts. You could use it in your room at 5 watts, and if you ever need it to jam with a drummer, you can switch it to 100watts. To get a super heavy sound out of the VK, you might need a little help from an overdrive, but it really depends on your technique.

Edit: if you go for a 100 watt anything, make sure you get a cabinet that will handle it. The cab I suggested here wouldn't be good with a 100 watt amp, but you can find appropriate cabinets used that will still fit your budget.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Last edited by Nolasludge at Jan 4, 2016,
Quote by Nolasludge
If you are only going to play in your bedroom, nothing more, than a Peavey 6505+MH would be all you need. Peavey also has a 2x12 cabinet coming out in a couple weeks with Celestian Greenbacks, which would be a great match, and both would be within your budget. Otherwise, any 2x12 with those speakers or vintage 30s, and you'd be hard pressed to need an upgrade for a very long time. If you have aspirations to gig out with it one day, a Peavey Valveking 2 100 watt has a really cool feature where you can reduce the wattage to either 25 watts or 5 watts. You could use it in your room at 5 watts, and if you ever need it to jam with a drummer, you can switch it to 100watts. To get a super heavy sound out of the VK, you might need a little help from an overdrive, but it really depends on your technique.

Edit: if you go for a 100 watt anything, make sure you get a cabinet that will handle it. The cab I suggested here wouldn't be good with a 100 watt amp, but you can find appropriate cabinets used that will still fit your budget.

Thanks! I looked at this aswell as the Orange Jim Root Terrorhead. Which one of these would you recommend?
I don't have personal experience with the Jim Root Tiny Terror, but I have played through the Orange Thunderverb 50, and it was plenty heavy. Given Jim Root's tone, I would imagine that the Tiny Terror would have plenty of gain, but I'm not sure you can get one new plus a cabinet within your price range. Orange amps are insanely expensive.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
So for $1200 you can get som really nice gear or have some $ left over.

Get an amp with a volume knob and don't worry about the watts. You will want more watts for tight tracking and a deep bottom end for this music anyway.

Will you buy used? If so:

I paid $1100 for my Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster 212 Combo.

Get a 6505+ head and a Mesa Rectifier 212.

Get about any Peavey head or combo from the JSX, XXX, 3120, XXX II family. Pair it up or swap in Vintage 30 speakers or clones.

Laney IronHeart family will do the trick too.

A good deal on a Mesa Dual Rectifier, Triple Rectifier, Roadster, RoadKing, or even a Mark IV or Mark V.

I don't have any experience with Orange.

Again, you want a big beefy amp with a Master Volume knob.

Frankly a good deal on a used Peavey 6505+ 112 combo, a few mods to the effects loop, a speaker swap to a V30, a new set of JJ tubes, and you're good to go for WAY under budget.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .