I'm 15 years old and I just registered to this forum cause I just started playing guitar! I have some questions but I see that I can post them only after I become active user.
I have few question ( I don't know should I post it here but I just don't know how to become active user )
In my class, we started learning chords by string. That means that 6th string starts with E? Can you say me with what letter starts 5th string? And how is all that called? And what to type in Google to see how to play chord C Dur ( or C Dur 7 ) and C Mol ( or C Mol 7 ) on 6th or 5th string?

I hope this is going to be shared cause I really need help with this, thank you!
You will become an active user after 24 hours of having registered

With Regards to the string names, the 6th is E, the 5th is A, 4th is D, 3 is G, 2 is B and 1 is E (or e sometimes).

Well, not knowing what Mol and Dur mean, I'd assume one is major and the other is minor in English.
try those
Strings
low E, A, D, G, B, e
6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Dur is major, moll is minor.

B = Cb in terms of sound.

Not sure why you want to start with the C chords, it's easier on E, actually.

x = do not play or mute string.

C major (C dur) = x32010 (ring finger on A-string, 3rd fret)
C7 = easiest as x32310 (pinky on G-string, 3rd fret)
Cmaj7 = x32000

C minor (C moll) = x3101x or x35543 (second one is a barre chord)
Cm7 = x35343 (barre chord)
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Thank you but I still dont understand with what chord starts 5th string? I know that string is called A string but we started learning something like this :
i think it's called finding chords.
We have C major ( or dur) or C major 7 ( or C dur 7 )
and we have C minor and C minor 7. It is different for every string.
So teacher tells us chord ( above the chord is string number - we leanred only for 5th and 6th string ) Every string has different C minor and major chords. Than we need to find it on guitar ( and all of major and minor had barre ) EXAMPLE: find Gdur7 on sixth string. And than I start counting : 1st fret is F 2nd is blank 3rd is G 4th is blank 5th is A 6TH fret is H and so on... ( I'm not sure is that correct but we were learning something like that ) ... Now I want to know how does 5th string starts ( I mean what letter is 1st fret on 5th string ) ?
And how to find C major nad minor and C7 major and minor for 5th string cause they are different?
P.S. Teacher told us to start with the C chords. Thank you a lot!
Okay, each major scale is based on this formula: TTSTTTS (or WWHWWWH). T = 2 frets, S = 1 fret.
Minor scale: TSTTSTT

In the German system:
C major notes: C D E F G A H C
C minor notes: C D Eb F G Ab B C

6th fret on E string is B; you want 7th fret to get H.

On the 5th string, the notes are the same as the E string, but starting on the fifth fret.
-> 5th on E = 0 on A, 7th on E = 2nd on A, etc.

This pattern repeats for all strings EXCEPT between G and H.

(in the Anglo system, we replace H with B and B with Bb.)
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something