I want to be able to scream like Robert Plant, Dio and that singer from Deep purple
I realise that I only been singing for about a year and I'm basicly a noob so maybe to early to do this kind of stuff..
But do you know any exercises that could help me achieve this??
When I go for very high notes like 8 fret on high E string I still don't scream I just sound like a eagle getting stabbed
Hey there, all great vocalists BTW. But by scream I thought you meant like a Black Metal/Metalcore type scream. You're talking more about a raspy vocal, or what most people refer to as "singing with rasp". Theres loads of videos on youtube and this vocal technique. Check out Ken Tamplin's channel.

From what I know, its about not stressing or "reaching up" to hit a high note. Notes dont exist in vertical order, you kind of have to imagine its more horizontal than vertical, like a keyboard. Imagine the note in your head and then just go for it with proper air flow and some abdominal pressure AKA "The Dump". The abdominal pressure will give it that grunty/gritty sound.
Quote by Humbug808
Hey there, all great vocalists BTW. But by scream I thought you meant like a Black Metal/Metalcore type scream. You're talking more about a raspy vocal, or what most people refer to as "singing with rasp". Theres loads of videos on youtube and this vocal technique. Check out Ken Tamplin's channel.

From what I know, its about not stressing or "reaching up" to hit a high note. Notes dont exist in vertical order, you kind of have to imagine its more horizontal than vertical, like a keyboard. Imagine the note in your head and then just go for it with proper air flow and some abdominal pressure AKA "The Dump". The abdominal pressure will give it that grunty/gritty sound.

thank you very much for this!! I'm gonna start trying that
It does depend over whether someone naturally sings at the tone they do, whether they practice it, whether their vocal cords will allow them to, a huge amount of factors. Try not to be discouraged if you can't scream or growl or do fancy techniques and such. One can do very good on vocals just from no training at all, but the training is designed to build on natural ability, anyways. Take it from a no-trained vocalist of sorts: one can still do very well on vocals if one just take the time for it. Hope this helps ya