https://soundcloud.com/serotonin-17/another-half-of-another-song

hello all. I've been working on this for a while now and seem to have hit a brick wall. It seems like the riff it's based around works but, to me, what I have so far sounds empty and lacking energy. I don't know if it is structured incorrectly or something but it seems a bit chaotic and disorganised. On top of that, I don't know how to progress with it in terms of another section, so I'm a bit stuck

Note: I am aware that it is sometimes out of tune a bit - brand new guitar so goes out of tune every other second. And that some sections are a bit out of sync and the timing is off, it was hastily edited together. But I intend to iron out all the details later.
Its just a riff, and its a fine riff, but it doesn't really go anywhere. I guess maybe try to think about what you actually want it to do in the context of your song -- it just seems kinda devoid of emotion in a bland sort of way. It seems like you aren't really trying to say anything, and that's why it might come of as "chaotic and disorganized." Maybe get a little less repetitive and think more about structure, idk.