my roommate has a mix husky/pit-bull that's about 9 months old. before I left for vacation last Wednesday, the dog had bursts of hyper activity (obviously) that generally consisted of her running around the living room, abruptly changing direction, jumping over the coffee table, and occasionally nudging humans with her head. shed also play rough with his other dog (5 month old miniature dachshund, girl). shed usually calm down as soon as you started scratching her chin and ears. however, upon returning yesterday, this dog is a full blown devil. constantly opening my bedroom door (by the handle, never did it before) running into walls, always trying to bite anybody (never did before), will literally grab the little dog by its head and sling her across the room like a used condom being thrown away. today, while walking her, she bit my hand, sh!t, and immediately rubbed her head in it, then tried to chase after the neighbors. anybody whos good with dogs know anything as to what may be going on? I know this is an aggressive breed dog (especially the husky part), but she was never this bad before.
tl;dr mutt breed dog rolls in her own poo and wants to kill people HALP
Quote by theguitarist
next day i was like "why is my dick sore"

and my brain was like "you were dicking about for like 5hrs"

Last edited by helladonks at Jan 4, 2016,
Don't blame the breed when clearly nobody's training her.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I cant say that because I know they have been ATTEMPTING to domesticate and train her since they first got her. however, they aren't the first owners.
Quote by theguitarist

Take her to one of those doggy training schools/dog whisperers.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'd like to point out that my mother is a professional dog obedience trainer, so I'm not spouting shit

She's 9 months old, so there's nothing odd about any of this for that reason alone.
2 questions
- How often and how long for do you walk her?
- Is she alone much?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I'm just curious if anybody here knows why a dogs demeanor may change so drastically in that short period of time. its not like this dog was locked up or anything for 5 days: it was the same daily routine as always.
Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Pastafarian96
I'd like to point out that my mother is a professional dog obedience trainer, so I'm not spouting shit

She's 9 months old, so there's nothing odd about any of this for that reason alone.
2 questions
- How often and how long for do you walk her?
- Is she alone much?

she gets walked about 45 minutes a day total. 3 different times I think.
shes literally never alone. my roommate and I have the same jobs, just opposite shifts (i.e. I work 530pm-530am, and he 530am-530pm). theres about a 45 minute to an hour window twice a day where the dogs are both in their cages and nobody is home, but other than that, theyre both out of their cages with at least one person home the other 22 hours of the day, barring a trip to the store or something.
Quote by theguitarist

if the dog draws blood when it bites you im pr sure you can get it put down or some other legal method cause it's a pit mix

who 'owns' the place aka who is the landlord? if it's him you can't do much about it, but if it's a third party you can likely also bring it up with them

sort your flatmate out though. man sounds like a prick if he's not doing anything.

also around that age for a dog is pretty common for them to be crazy crazy. my dog's a cav spaniel (bred to sit on people and be happy) and he'd chew up everyone's hands. He's out of that phase, but the phase itself really really sucks. do your best of keeping training consistent with your flatmate's training. use the same commands he does, use them all the time, basically be alpha. i trained my dog to sit and look at me every time I say "eyes" so that was a way i trained him to knwo i'm alpha. find something similar with that dog (and work with your roommate on it as well, if he's cooperative)
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Baby Joel, the whole "alpha" dog training method/psychology is all bullshit, you know the kind that "dog whisperer" show guy teaches. I dunno if that's what you meant but I thought I should just let you know its a pretty awful way of training dogs. The whole wolf pack theory in domestic dogs is founded on very bad science and pretty much every animal behavour expert completely disagrees with it

That's not to say that establishing dominance is bad, because obviously the dog needs to be taught that you're the one in charge
yeah i never seen the dog whisperer or anything. i just make sure my dog knows that he's gotta listen me when i need him to.
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah i never seen the dog whisperer or anything. i just make sure my dog knows that he's gotta listen me when i need him to.

Definitely yeah, I didn't mean to sound accusatory or anything, its just when someone mentions alpha/beta in dog training they're normally referring to that Cesar Milan method which can be very harmful to dog's well being

I've seen pics of your dog, he looks happy and adorable af
That all honestly sounds perfectly normal for a 9 month old dog. Especially of those breeds. Puppies are super hyper

Practically calm next to something like a springer spaniel, or english/irish setter

The biting it the only concerning part
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 4, 2016,
better ask ron666 he's the resident demon expert 'round these parts

better hurry too, he's online today and probably won't be for another two months
Quote by Bladez22 at #33760506
Baby Joel, the whole "alpha" dog training method/psychology is all bullshit, you know the kind that "dog whisperer" show guy teaches. I dunno if that's what you meant but I thought I should just let you know its a pretty awful way of training dogs. The whole wolf pack theory in domestic dogs is founded on very bad science and pretty much every animal behavour expert completely disagrees with it

That's not to say that establishing dominance is bad, because obviously the dog needs to be taught that you're the one in charge

this

Also the biting is a normal phase, she will probably grow out of it but in the meantime, when she goes to bite you you need to distract her from doing it immediately, a high pitched squeak (given by you or an alternative source like a toy ON YOUR PERSON) usually does it, followed by a reward of course.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Bladez22
Definitely yeah, I didn't mean to sound accusatory or anything, its just when someone mentions alpha/beta in dog training they're normally referring to that Cesar Milan method which can be very harmful to dog's well being

I've seen pics of your dog, he looks happy and adorable af

nah your good mate 'alpha' has a lot of implications, most of them not good lol
I can help you with your problem, but it's going to cost you...$3000.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ErikLensherr

its well known that huskys are a very hyper and aggressive breed
Quote by theguitarist

you don't even know man.

a friend's sister had this pomeranian something mix and it was kinda cute and nice when it was a puppy, but turned into a psychotic little piece of shit.

the thing just got super aggressive with everyone for no apparent reason. last time i saw it, i tried to pet it and it started growling. i've encountered dogs before that do this playfully, so that's what i thought it was doing until i reached my hand out and the thing turned into mini Cujo.

so i just growled and snarled back at it before someone took it back inside.

the other one i dealt with was my godmother's one dog. i had known it since it was a puppy and had no problem with it ever. out of the blue one day while they were packing to move, i was sitting watching TV and petting him and everything was cool.

i get up to go to the bathroom and he runs away from me, stands in the only doorway out of the room and proceeds to growl at me, and gets louder the closer i try to get to him.

this went on for the rest of the dog's life every time i came over. they'd have to put him outside every time i was there.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Find someplace else to live. I can't imagine sharing my domicile with a fur bearing critter. Plus who wants to live somewhere that smells like animal piss?
Quote by TobusRex
Find someplace else to live. I can't imagine sharing my domicile with a fur bearing critter. Plus who wants to live somewhere that smells like animal piss?

idk, ask ur mom.

really tho, normal people's houses don't smell like animal piss because they properly train their pets.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
idk, ask ur mom.

really tho, normal people's houses don't smell like animal piss because they properly train their pets.

That's what the pet owners think. I have bad news for you....those of us who don't share a home with animals can quite easily smell animal "byproducts" in a home. Even if somebody has only a cat and litterbox it still smells, at best, like kitty box litter. Granted that is better than smelling like cat shit, but it's still not pleasant.

Same with babies, since we're on the topic of smell. Some parents maintain THEIR kid's shit doesn't stink. Oh, I beg to differ....
Last edited by TobusRex at Jan 5, 2016,
as long as a litter box is in an out of the way spot and kept clean, you shouldn't smell it unless it's in the same room as you.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Obedience trainer? I hardly even know her!

ayy nice
no the dogs definitely sh!t and piss outsie
Quote by theguitarist

Quote by ErikLensherr
Take her to one of those doggy training schools/dog whisperers.

Is there a creepier title than 'dog whisperer'? Might as well call sexual predators 'child whisperers'

get in my van you sweet little thingggg
Quote by homeless-john
Who actually just slings a used condom across the room?

Depends where the bin is in relation to the bed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'