I play a low end SGR by Schecter guitar and I'm going to be upgrading pickups. I'm going to get some GFS pickups, but which ones should i get? I'm only upgrading the bridge pickup. I play through a Yamaha THRX, I need something to give me warmth but nothing that is going to give me more gain than I can handle. Which ones would you recommend?
Quote by Explorerbuilder
It all depends on what you sound you want to get and what type of music you are playing.

I play rock.....I prefer a warm tone with some good distortion. What would you suggest?
like metal , black symphonic metal or classic rock? I mean it's like walking into a mexican restaurant and the chef not knowing how hot you want your food

here's 4 suggestions , it may help
crunchy rails or power rails for high output
the "VEH" which is a rip off of a van halen pickup
bigmouth
I'm more of a seymour duncan pickup guy but i know their pickup line pretty well at GFS.

pure nickle strings help with the warmth if it isn't a mahogany body already as that is a warm sounding wood and you'd be surprised what this or that will do to help the sound of your guitar already like adjusting pickup height

i dont know to help us tell us what sound you're after; a youtube clip or two of a sound you really like right now or want to emulate.
Quote by Tallwood13
like metal , black symphonic metal or classic rock? I mean it's like walking into a mexican restaurant and the chef not knowing how hot you want your food

here's 4 suggestions , it may help
crunchy rails or power rails for high output
the "VEH" which is a rip off of a van halen pickup
bigmouth
I'm more of a seymour duncan pickup guy but i know their pickup line pretty well at GFS.

pure nickle strings help with the warmth if it isn't a mahogany body already as that is a warm sounding wood and you'd be surprised what this or that will do to help the sound of your guitar already like adjusting pickup height

i dont know to help us tell us what sound you're after; a youtube clip or two of a sound you really like right now or want to emulate.

like killswitch engaged...a nice warm chug but brutal