Page 1 of 3
I'll probably get a lot of flame for this, oh well. I listen to lots of different styles and am very open so don't think this is coming from someone who is close minded

I'm making this thread because I want to see people's opinions on exactly what the stylistic and theory based differences are between older metal and newer metal

Let me start off by saying that there are obviously some of the best songs written from the previous era, for example songs like One by Metallica are pretty much the definition of perfect metal, some pantera stuff I severely enjoy, etc. But what I've noticed is a lot of the metal acts such as Slayer, Megadeth, anthrax, etc seem inherently different from what is happening now. Now don't get me wrong, nothing is bad here, they have amazing technical ability (Chris Broderick... My brain can't even compute), and for people growing up in that era, of course the memories and tradition of those bands will be forever ingrained.

But now we are in the modern age. I was wondering what exactly has changed and I am often able to hear a distinct difference. What I am thinking is that more elements of fusion and more complex elements of music theory have started to take hold. i find myself listening to many Metallica solos by Kirk Hammet and thinking "this is fast, it's not bad... But it just sounds like directionless flailing up simple scales (simple is different from easy, not saying what he does is easy). Now of course that's Kirk Hammet, people like Chris Brodrick can blow away everyone and play any level of complexity. But in general, a lot of older stuff especially thrash seems bland to me, not bad, but just doesn't do much for me personally. It seems very different when compared to the actually pretty decent modern metal bands that are popping up. Now of course there is awful shitty modern music that is just as boring, there's the whole -core bullshit although even then, some of those bands are making the move to be less generic.

Bands like Deftones, Periphery, Erra, Tesseract, and Northlane are the types of bands that I enjoy now, as well as many other instrumental bands like Chon who are not metal, and there seems to be fundamental difference that I can't exactly point out.

So without arguments and flaming, or saying one is better than the other, let's try to descern the difference between the older generation of metal and the new one, and specifically why, theory wise, they sound so different. Are we getting acclimated to more complex scales, modes, chord progressions? There seems to be a much higher prevalence of odd time signatures/time signatures other than 4/4. Can weird timing be attributed to bands like pink Floyd, yes, dream theater, etc merging with the heavier styles? Another pattern I have noticed in modern metal music is that often times there will be minimal repeats. For example, the chorus will be the only repeating part of a song while each verse may have a different instrumental section. This is different from the older styles that were very based on repetition.

What else have you noticed, or anything you disagree with?
Last edited by Knight Elijah at Jan 5, 2016,
Quote by Knight Elijah

Let me start off by saying that there are obviously some of the best songs written from the previous era, for example songs like One by Metallica are pretty much the definition of perfect metal, some pantera stuff I severely enjoy, etc.

Off to a great start
Uh Chris Broderick isn't THAT good, maybe on records but live you can hear so many fuck ups in solos. So you're telling me songs like Holy Wars... The Punishment Due and A Lesson In Violence are bland? Hardly. I don't know what Metallica songs you're listening to but if you play Kirk's solos you can easily hear how it works in the song. It's not "directionless". Now to combat your last sentence, Megadeth and other bands were built on variation.

You're welcome.
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Quote by PiercedBand
I don't know what Metallica songs you're listening to but if you play Kirk's solos you can easily hear how it works in the song. It's not "directionless".

Agreed. Not everything has to be jazz to work musically.

And I'd say that the difference between bands like Sabbath and Metallica versus Periphery and Tesseract is that the guys in P and T are huge nerds. I mean that as a good thing. They've probably studied a lot of theory and have been exposed to more music thanks to the internet, and they try to use that knowledge of various genres and theory to create something fresh. Just like Metallica was fresh back in the day.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
You have to take into a account that back then when bands like Metallica and Slayer were coming up, no one has ever heard anyone play that style of music. Granted you had the technical gods like Van Halen, but it didn't have the fast rhythmic chugging as a backing track to solo over.

When you get the riffs you find in Slayer, you can't really be thinking 'oh what melody or scale would sound nice with this', or in earlier metallica stuff when they were heavier. You don't have time to think with melody, melody doesn't work with this many bpms, you're just left with what you know (pentatonics) and the speed in which you can move your fingers. This chaotic playing fits perfectly with the fast stuff, which was what Thrash metal was about. In this era speed was a major factor of 'heavyness' and separated metal bands from 'posers' or glam rock. You don't need speed to be heavy, look at black sabbath.

I respect your opinion but for me it is the complete opposite, I am an avid fan of old school metal and don't like the new stuff. I just tried listening to deftones after reading this post, it's just not my cup of tea. I can see why it's classified as metal because the guitar has distortion, but for the rest of it I don't feel the eeeeevil. To me metal's more than heavy distortion, it's rock 'n' roll's greatest gift to new generations born too late to experience real rock n roll. To me this heavy sound represents what rock n roll represented to our parents, their parents and so on - rebellion. The music makes you feel good and is a big fuck you to the systems you're exposed to as a kid/teen like school or overbearing parents.

In my opinion we are going backwards when it comes to skill and creativity. New bands have to use computers and special effects to compete with the mainstream, and have a 'softer' side to them that I personally don't fancy. Sorry if I sound like I'm flaming, I don't want to insult your taste, but the bands you listed don't seem at all on par with Metallica, Slayer or Megadeth in terms of skill and creativity. Maybe it's all that 'djent', I get the palm muted chugging but this new stuff just sounds like a skrillex concert. Also the singers sound like prepubescents whining about being stuck in the friendzone.

Theory wise, I believe old metal players had something to prove, were the minority in music and had a different attitude when it came to metal or being heavy. Now in the competitive market, people are adding more strings and downtuning religiously to sound 'heavier' than the other bands. Compared to Slayer this new stuff just sounds like hard rock with a whiny singer at most to me. This is just my opinion though

If you want to try old metal band with great theory and heaviness - Death. Anything from the human album or the philosopher one is great and not Slayer thrashy.
how do you edit signature?
Last edited by arvarna at Jan 5, 2016,
Quote by arvarna
Also the singers sound like prepubescents whining about being stuck in the friendzone.

To be fair, both Chino and Spencer are among the best metal vocalists out there, objectively. You might not like their style, but they're technically pretty damn amazing.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Not a lot of Metal in this thread.

This thread, on the other hand...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
True, as I said, some of kirk's solos are like that to me, not all of them, some of them are also good. Not all thrash metal songs are boring to me, some are also good. I was speaking in general. Part of this thread was so we can not only discuss opinions but the technicality of those opinions and why exactly we find we have them, and what makes us like one or the other. As far as skills being less and using more effects, having a keyboardist is just that, having a keyboardist. Many bands back then had one, so what if they have one now? Partially guitar effects are being easier to customize than ever because of things like the Axe Fx ii and other digital units.

I find many of the djent style bands to at least use some more complex chords than the standard power chords, which is at least a plus to me.

Also yeah Chino and Spencer may not be for everyone, but I like the way they use their voices. They interact with the music and use it as an instrument as opposed to just a medium to place lyrics over. The Deftones song you saw was probably diamond eyes, not my favorite imo. Stuff from White Pony I liked the most.

Also perhaps it's also the "fuck the system"ness of it that I find to be so similar, that *some* of the modern stuff has grown out of and that's why I enjoy it. In any shape I believe I like modern stuff more because the guitars specifically seem to always be doing something intriguing, yet other people may find it boring so idk
Quote by Kevätuhri
To be fair, both Chino and Spencer are among the best metal vocalists out there, objectively. You might not like their style, but they're technically pretty damn amazing.

I mean, you have to remember, what is your basis for saying they're good singers? There's so many things to consider. You're forcing people to acknowledge something they don't understand, and it's not really fair.

You have to explain to them, and personally, I am doubting your abilities to do so.

Can you really say that Chino Mareno (cute name) is an impressive singer? His voice has the range of a tone deaf Mongolian throat singer, he has zero character to his singing, his pitch is horrible and he can barely hold a note for longer than five seconds.

Objectively, Deftones aren't metal. So there's that. Why this shitty nu metal band got any attention is beyond me.

I haven't heard of the other guy, but I imagine he is entirely unimpressive. I am auditoning for the role of Simon Cowell stunt double jn the upcoming film, "American Idle: Hot Pursuit." It had to do largely with the first judges in American Idol. Paula Deen is driving drunk and Reggie has a bulldog hr consistently refers to as "Eldritch." He only refers to Eldritch when there's a bump in the road and will only say things like, "ahh it's a bit pitchy in spots dog" when the road isn't up the standard set by the city.

Back to my role as Simon Cowell. I am well versed in martial combat, knowing such styles as Anatsatsuken and Tae-Kwan-Do. I was once asked to play a stunt double in the film Secret Window. I would have been Johnny Depp's stunt double, he is a lazy man who refuses to run in his films. Remember in What's Eating Gilbert Grape when he found Mama stuffed full of pork product, motionless in the burning house?

Actually I think that was Leo (we're on a first name basis).

Unfortunately my hair disappeared before I was officially hired. So they eliminated running in the film entirely. Watch it again, they only walk. The movie was ok otherwise.
Quote by severed-metal
You have to explain to them, and personally, I am doubting your abilities to do so.
Can you really say that Chino Mareno (cute name) is an impressive singer? His voice has the range of a tone deaf Mongolian throat singer, he has zero character to his singing, his pitch is horrible and he can barely hold a note for longer than five seconds..

Lol

Quote by severed-metal
Back to my role as Simon Cowell. I am well versed in martial combat, knowing such styles as Anatsatsuken and Tae-Kwan-Do

I knew it wouldn't take long for this thread to be completely derailed xD
Quote by severed-metal
I mean, you have to remember, what is your basis for saying they're good singers? There's so many things to consider. You're forcing people to acknowledge something they don't understand, and it's not really fair.

Can you really say that Chino Mareno (cute name) is an impressive singer? His voice has the range of a tone deaf Mongolian throat singer, he has zero character to his singing, his pitch is horrible and he can barely hold a note for longer than five seconds.

Objectively, Deftones aren't metal. So there's that. Why this shitty nu metal band got any attention is beyond me.

Okay, you got me with Chino, I might have typed before thinking as I often do. I'm not huge into Deftones, but isn't it a bit hypocritical calling them a shitty new metal band after condemning me for forcing my own opinion? Which I did, so this is completely hypocritical from me, but I think we should drop the hypocriticism here and let people enjoy what they enjoy.

I do think that Spencer Sotelo is a good vocalist though, with impressive range and versatile technique. I'm not huge into periphery either and I'm not a fan of his singing style, but he can sing. Just saying that the "prepubescent friendzoned loser" analogy is pretty far off.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Bands like Deftones, Periphery, Erra, Tesseract, and Northlane are the types of bands that I enjoy now

I'm sorry to hear that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by severed-metal
He only refers to Eldritch when there's a bump in the road and will only say things like, "ahh it's a bit pitchy in spots dog" when the road isn't up the standard set by the city.

I don't know why but this is the highlight of this thread for me.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

i find that a lot of "classic" metal tends to be a frankenstein of riffs, whereas the metal i'm able to find today seems to give more thought to song structure, smooth transitions, and other more traditional aesthetics from other genres. i've had this reaction with black metal (in Ihsahn's current stuff, you won't find any sudden riff changes like on In the Nightside Eclipse, as good as that album was), and i've certainly had it with bigger names like Metallica (in many ways, I think several songs off of Death Magnetic are more well-written and cohesive than anything pre-black album).

the first time i really listened to "Tornado of Souls" (which was actually quite recent, when my jam buddies decided we would cover it), i enjoyed it, but couldn't help but think, "man, there are a lot of pretty different riffs here, are they all necessary?"

i'm more of a fan of songs that focus on a smaller number of recognizable ideas and work through them over the course of a song (like in film scores and such), rather than the riff-salad approach where the only reason you feel like the parts fit is because you already listened to the song before.

i don't think this is an issue of old versus new, but rather my personal taste. it's just that a lot of the older metal that has now become "classic" is not to my taste.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i find that a lot of "classic" metal tends to be a frankenstein of riffs, whereas the metal i'm able to find today seems to give more thought to song structure, smooth transitions, and other more traditional aesthetics from other genres. i've had this reaction with black metal (in Ihsahn's current stuff, you won't find any sudden riff changes like on In the Nightside Eclipse, as good as that album was), and i've certainly had it with bigger names like Metallica (in many ways, I think several songs off of Death Magnetic are more well-written and cohesive than anything pre-black album).

the first time i really listened to "Tornado of Souls" (which was actually quite recent, when my jam buddies decided we would cover it), i enjoyed it, but couldn't help but think, "man, there are a lot of pretty different riffs here, are they all necessary?"

i'm more of a fan of songs that focus on a smaller number of recognizable ideas and work through them over the course of a song (like in film scores and such), rather than the riff-salad approach where the only reason you feel like the parts fit is because you already listened to the song before.

i don't think this is an issue of old versus new, but rather my personal taste. it's just that a lot of the older metal that has now become "classic" is not to my taste.

I actually think this is a very good way to describe my feelings! One of my very favorite bands is The Contorionist and if there's one way I can describe their songs, especially their new stuff, is that throught each song it feels as though it's progressing and changing into something. Even though sometimes it may seem like there is a lack of structure, it feels very well put together, sort of like a story, where at the end of the story you feel more enlightened than in the beginning. Listen to this song (even though it isn't really metal, The band does many different things, their first album was very heavy and crazy) and see if you follow what I mean, how it progresses. Listen through the intro.

Quote by Knight Elijah
I'll probably get a lot of flame for this, oh well. I listen to lots of different styles and am very open so don't think this is coming from someone who is close minded

This is so UG circa 2007-2008.

"I'm so open minded guys! I love jazz!"
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
If I wanted to listen to something profound, I'd put Tchaikovsky on. Metal is best when it's nothing but riffs.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

What are you trying to prove?

Also listen to the song I just put under spoilers. Tell me it doesn't feel profound at all.

Furthermore I don't understand what has crawled up 80% of UG users asses but this thread isn't for bashing or assuming musical superiority, it's about the changes that have taken place and what they are. Opinions are of course welcome but all you guys seem to do is argue with each other and it's like a bunch of 12 year old girls lmao
Quote by Knight Elijah

Also listen to the song I just put under spoilers. Tell me it doesn't feel profound at all.

Furthermore I don't understand what has crawled up 80% of UG users asses but this thread isn't for bashing or assuming musical superiority, it's about the changes that have taken place and what they are. Opinions are of course welcome but all you guys seem to do is argue with each other and it's like a bunch of 12 year old girls lmao

I'm glad we've heard nothing but intelligence from you. Thanks, this was interesting
Quote by Knight Elijah

Nothing except

Quote by Knight Elijah
Furthermore I don't understand what has crawled up 80% of UG users asses

80% of UG here listens to Metal and doesn't agree with you. On your last thread i told you exactly what kind of responses your music would get here.

Quote by Knight Elijah

Seriously going to compare that tripe to Tchaikovsky?

Quote by Knight Elijah
Opinions are of course welcome but all you guys seem to do is argue with each other and it's like a bunch of 12 year old girls lmao

80% of us don't argue with each other. We agree very much on Metal and the rules of the Metal forum.

You are the anomaly.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Also this Older Metal vs Modern Metal question wasn't even touched upon in your original post. The only Metal you mentioned was Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer and not even their best periods at that.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Agree with me on what? There was nothing to agree on. What did I ask people to agree on? I never said it was the most profound kind of music, I was inferring that it seemed more profound than, say, other things that had been discussed. And no, the questions were clear from the original post, it wasn't anything to do with opinions, it was a question. Everything else was just arguing and snide, snarky argument or flame provoking remarks from metal elitists and people like you who think "oh since I know Tchaikovsky's compositions I am going to throw his name around and show that I'm obviously superior." Newsflash, nobody cares.

Please get back to topic, for the love of God, how else do you guys believe modern metal has changed since the older days?

Edit: I don't understand what the hell some of the people here are so angry about, I wanted a nice discussion and specifically stated a few of my opinions (outlined specifically as opinions) and everyone's heads explode, that's what I am referring to in my previous post
Quote by Metal_Head1
We don't like these bands...

A lot of good modern metal keeps the same flame burning.

Maybe you're approaching this the wrong way. I would guess that "Deftones, Periphery, Erra, Tesseract, and Northlane" aren't descended from Slayer and leave it at that.

If you want retro bands in a particular style, hit the rec thread dude.

I don't mean this to be malicious, but I don't give a flying fuck if you don't like the few bands I mentioned. I never asked if anyone else thought they were good, I never asked anyone's opinions on that at all. In fact, those bands took up all of one sentence of my post. Out of entire paragraphs. Yet they have been the primary focus of most responses. Which comes back to why so many people here are coming off as elitist assholes.

I never said they were descended from those bands. I said they were some things that I listen to. Where did I ever say that the big 4 spawned those bands? Never. Nonetheless they are present in modern music and since this thread is about CHANGE from one era to another, I mentioned them as an example of differences and how that kind of stuff is making more of a presence. You guys are essentially arguing about a nonexistent topic.

I'm also seeing more prevelance of different scales in modern metal, compared to the traditional ones primarily used
Name 10 great metal bands from this century. Most new mainstream metal, which appears to be what you like and that's perfectly fine, is so repetitive it's boring. You keep saying you shouldn't have used certain bands as examples but you haven't given us any other bands you like.
Quote by PiercedBand
Name 10 great metal bands from this century. Most new mainstream metal, which appears to be what you like and that's perfectly fine, is so repetitive it's boring. You keep saying you shouldn't have used certain bands as examples but you haven't given us any other bands you like.

I don't in fact like mainstream metal, because it sounds similar to the older metal. We already have the older bands. This topic isn't about whether you think it's good or bad, it's about how you think it's changed and what those changes are. From there you can certainly state if you like those specific changes or not. I feel like a broken record, nobody is listening to a word im saying. This thread might as well be locked because it looks like us here in the metal forum are all too immature to have a discussion because we can't keep ourselves from throwing insults and injecting instigation into everything

This is why people laugh at metal-heads

Edited: spelling
Yeah I'm editing my posts a lot partially because I'm on an iPhone and I cant read my entire post without a ton of scrolling and screwing it up so I have been doing it on the fly. Sorry

In addition, you took a quote and completely misinterperated it. I said the STYLISTIC and THEORY BASED differences, and THEN what you thought of them. NOBODY is contributing to that, they are just spouting whatever they like without having the discussion

Quote by Metal_Head1

What has changed in the modern age?

When it comes to this timeless, classic sound? Not much. Production is sleeked up a bit and drums aren't so lo-fi, but that sound doesn't need to change!

THIS is Metal.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Knight Elijah
I don't in fact like mainstream metal, because it sounds similar to the older metal.

You are the closest one here listing "mainstream" stuff man. As in projects that sell for the bookoo bucks and get awards from glossy magazines.

Mainstream or not, we don't much care. Quality is our only concern.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Knight Elijah

This is why people laugh at metal-heads

So kindly keep laughing and piss off.

Quote by Knight Elijah
I'll probably get a lot of flame for this, oh well.

You knew exactly what you were doing from the start haha!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jan 5, 2016,
Quote by Knight Elijah

You are listening to Sculptured and you don't even know it.
Quote by severed-metal
You are listening to Sculptured and you don't even know it.

Eeeeverytime I see Agalloch live, Don, Jason and I end up talking about The Spear of the Lily is Aureoled and Weakling's Dead As Dreams. Three times in a row now.

I'll take Sculptured over the aforementioned linked stuff any day. Sculptured does have a rather... college sound to it, but the composition makes up for it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Knight Elijah
I don't in fact like mainstream metal, because it sounds similar to the older metal.

Edited: spelling

a) 'I don't like mainstream metal because it sounds similar to the older metal'.

WAT?

b) 'I don't like mainstream metal'.

Everything you mentioned can be easily considered mainstream.

The reason why you got so much flak is because with the examples you've given, there was nothing to discuss on the matter you are trying to discuss. Metal as a whole hasn't changed outside of its main genre directions, except for proliferating and wallowing either in stagnation or jerking off to jazz-gaze.

And in this gigantic ocean of mediocrity, pop-core and 'i'm old and don't understand what these darn kids are talking about behind their haircuts', there are a handful of bands that shit out more interesting compositions out of their satanic arseholes than the likes of which Metallica and Deftones could dream in their wildest fantasies. Because writing killer riffs > glossy magazines and these discussions.

//end of summary.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by PiercedBand

Since they're still performing or have performed in massive venues in this century:
(some of the bands I currently listen to, not in order)

1. Metallica
2. Slayer
3. Megadeth
4. Death
5. Iron Maiden
6. Exodus
7. Anthrax
8. Black Sabbath/Ozzy
9. Cannibal Corpse
10. Dethklok (metalocalypse)

Along with the big four and Metallica in general, Iron Maiden and Sabbath sell out massive venues on an international level.

It's very hard to compare old Metal to 'new' Metal because of the range of genres that come from Metal's evolution, the biggest problem is we see the bands you've mentioned and thus judge every other band in comparison to them. If you want to talk about Metal's evolution you need to consider the timeline evolution from Thrash to the -cores to Death and grind, expanding to melodic death or neoclassical, then to nu-metal. What's considered 'modern' metal isn't just nu since bands in each of these genres keep erupting. The difference is none of the older bands needed a DJ to sound badass.
Quote by Knight Elijah

In addition, you took a quote and completely misinterperated it. I said the STYLISTIC and THEORY BASED differences, and THEN what you thought of them. NOBODY is contributing to that, they are just spouting whatever they like without having the discussion

Theory and stylistically based these new metal kids are privileged suburbans who's parents paid for them to get into music school so they could learn 3-4 scales and apply them in their music. This is their metal.

Look at the kids from the classic metal era, the ones that 'invented' metal (or at least a new sound of metal). Dave Mustaine, raised ina fkin mormon family takes off at 15, living alone and selling weed to some chick who worked in a record store who traded him records for drugs. Learnt guitar from iron maiden and motorhead to get chicks. Look at his solo in 'sweating bullets', he's just descending the whole neck chromatically for the beginning, no scales, and it sounds awesome.

Learning some scales or doing daily finger exercises don't make something metal, but to some of these new era players it seems that's what they think it's all about. Scales and finger permutations, no music. That's the biggest difference between old and new. In the old times when such a sound didn't exist, you had to feel it to play it. Now you can just play some scales and people will be all 'o das so metal bro so hard core bro' In my opinion <
Last edited by arvarna at Jan 6, 2016,
Quote by VampireGoldfish

I love when people say that they are very open and have diverse and eccentric taste in music... but then they only listen to moderately commercially successful bands from a few similar subgenres.

Quote by VampireGoldfish

Such a great album. It's too bad only the big single gets any recognition. The single is still a great song (well, the album version of it anyway since they cut half of it out in the single).

Fuck is no longer censored by the way. =P
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by arvarna
Since they're still performing or have performed in massive venues in this century:
(some of the bands I currently listen to, not in order)

1. Metallica
2. Slayer
3. Megadeth
4. Death
5. Iron Maiden
6. Exodus
7. Anthrax
8. Black Sabbath/Ozzy
9. Cannibal Corpse
10. Dethklok (metalocalypse)

Damn, man. You really know your shit. How did you get such a refined taste in metal? Teach me, sensei!??

Page 1 of 3