Hoi,

This really isn't a major thing but I usually have quite long sessions when playing the guitar and very often my left armpit (the fretting hand) starts to sweat and eventually to smell (not like death but given that I just came from shower, it should smell a bit better). I honestly never have similar issues with my right armpit, never, unless I've been doing something extremely demanding, sports...

It doesn't always happen but when it does it's extremely annoying because I will have to take a shower everytime after it. I wonder if this is one of the reasons so many guitarists like Slash have been playing without a shirt so often? Lol

Nowadays I just play without a shirt because there's no point for me to first wear a shirt and smudge it with my left armpit, then go to shower and then take a new shirt.

Has anyone else had similar problems at all?
trim your armpit hair down to a low bush and then moisturise it
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Hold your arm out a bit more
buy that special rollon deodorant that feels like your skin is on fire
do what tg said
learn lapstyle
just jerk off instead
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Trimming helps a bit but still after a day or too it really makes no difference..

And then again usually I use a hugo roll-on but I would have to apply it a lot to prevent sweating. And then there are those roll-ons that do work and prevent from sweating but they don't smell that good so I tend to avoid them.
Try an anti-perspirant spray? Take breaks more often?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Sweat it out like the sexy manchild you is.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Build up the strength in your left arm by using it for masturbating.

Alternatively, leave the shower for after playing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by flexiblemile
Put a maxi pad on your armpit. They'll stick and everything and they're really absorbant

Handsome AND smart.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Rub icy hot on it

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Cut off your arms so you no longer have arm pits.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I get the same thing but only with my right arm, and only when performing. doesn't matter which/how much deodorant I use either.
Quote by Billie_J at #33763391
Trimming helps a bit but still after a day or too it really makes no difference..

And then again usually I use a hugo roll-on but I would have to apply it a lot to prevent sweating. And then there are those roll-ons that do work and prevent from sweating but they don't smell that good so I tend to avoid them.

you'd be on stage, so only the people you know would be around you, so you put the antiperspirant on for the stage and when you get off put the perfumed one on.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Shave your armpit hair right down to nothing.

Hairs trap bad smells and also antiperspirant sticks to your naked skin a lot better.
Quote by flexiblemile
Put a maxi pad on your armpit. They'll stick and everything and they're really absorbant

I was going to suggest that.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Get one of the smaller ones that would fit your armpit area better though.
Quote by CodeMonk
I was going to suggest that.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Get one of the smaller ones that would fit your armpit area better though.

your location suggests that you have a lot of experience with the subject matter
Quote by korinaflyingv
just give up guitar, it's not worth it.

Armpit sweat can really fuck up your groove, maybe try playing the recorder, or the flute.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by snipelfritz
Sweat it out like the sexy manchild you is.

seriously lol sweat is only gross if you have bad hygiene. No one cares that there are sweat patches on your shirt unless you wear that shirt daily without washing it or something
cat