I've been playing guitar on and off for 10 years...mostly off...There was heaps more tabs/versions/interpretations of songs on the Internet 10 years ago

I'm trying to find a reasonably popular song and no one has event touched it

Feel like 'monetisation' is unfortunately what properly happened though
Tabs don't randomly disappear unless they've been taken down by the publishers. It will have a big message saying so.
I've recently started playing guitar again and haven't had any problems finding songs I want. pretty much all I've looked for is Nirvana, White Stripes, and Velvet Underground though
Something went down where most of the tab sites (except this one because it's based in russia) got taken down because of copyright or whatever. It happened maybe a year or two after I started playing in 2005, so I'm guessing that was 8 or 9 years ago.

This site's still pretty good for tabs though. They're all user submitted and there are some people on here that are really good, like Joshua Garcia there.

edit: a google search shows a bunch of articles written about it in 2006, so I'm guessing that's when it happened.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jan 6, 2016,
Quote by genghisgandhi at #33763918
I've recently started playing guitar again and haven't had any problems finding songs I want. pretty much all I've looked for is Nirvana, White Stripes, and Velvet Underground though

Did you see the New Age chord sheet?

How shit is it?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Tabs don't randomly disappear unless they've been taken down by the publishers. It will have a big message saying so.

Most Journey tabs disappeared
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Quote by The4thHorsemen
This site's still pretty good for tabs though. They're all user submitted and there are some people on here that are really good, like Joshua Garcia there.
Thank you, good sir!

Quote by Hal-Sephira
Most Journey tabs disappeared
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/journey_tabs.htm

Looks like they're still there to me.

Users can't delete their own tabs. Not even the publishers can (they just replace the tab with the message). Users can only resign from being the contributor. The only way to get it off the site is to ask an admin to do it for a good reason. Most users don't.

Quote by stratdud39
wut song?
also use your ear matey.
Can confirm, learning by ear is best.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 6, 2016,
Considering OP, I'm on the fence about the suggestion made. Not to be mean, but his ears are going and he can only hear guitar.
Quote by MyOceanToSwim at #33543070
The bass actually starts the song but I don't know what note it's playing. I am also 30% deaf in one ear so I am at a further disadvantage here.
So no guitars...I cannot tell what notes he is singing my ear is not trained? Where would you event start in a song like this? No chords, weird instruments...all the things that are meant to help you find key are not there...I know I've got to hear his voice but I just can't even make out the notes let alone which one's are dominant.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Something went down where most of the tab sites (except this one because it's based in russia) got taken down because of copyright or whatever. It happened maybe a year or two after I started playing in 2005, so I'm guessing that was 8 or 9 years ago.

/QUOTE]

But all the real 5 star stuff is paid.

Quote by stratdud39
wut song?
also use your ear matey.

I'm too stupid and also a little deaf
Do you mean the old school tabs where somebody prints out the whole thing? Because nobody wants to do that pain in the ass thing anymore.