https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04K1T8vJI0

Better than good, but not mind-blowing. Some of my favorite D666 production since Unchain The Wolves. That howl at the end slays. Killer riffage and that guitar wankery is pleasantly all over the place. Sounds savage. More D666 has never really disappointed.

It was said this one would show how Metal was Raised On Rock and how the ritual/occult/symbols/triangles/eyes have gone overboard. This sound seems right on top of that!

Heavy Metal Terrorism
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jan 6, 2016,
I want to like it, but either it hasn't grown on me, or it's Destroyer 666 covering Destroyer 666 by numbers. It's certainly rocking, I'll give it that...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Firing on all cylinders. I appreciate all the spontaneous solos and fills throughout. Seems busier than what I've heard of them before. I'm no D666 expert.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Kytokinesis
Firing on all cylinders. I appreciate all the spontaneous solos and fills throughout. Seems busier than what I've heard of them before. I'm no D666 expert.

Give their first three records a thorough listen. To quote VG's haiku - "dangerous in cars". Those records are a unique spirit..

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Unchain the Wolves is a perfect thrash attack in my book. Phoenix Rising and Cold Steel for an Iron Age are very great-to-amazing follow ups. Very much worth checking out.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Denim vest thrasher
Been around since eighty four
Dangerous in cars

I enjoyed that threads prospect, seemed to be the only one haha.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I am certainly not an expert on D666, but I like the vibe. Kind of reminds me of thrash metal with a healthy dose of kvlt. I'll have to check out their first three albums, they seem to be in high regard.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
This has a bit of an Overkill vibe, where their earlier albums remind me more of Destruction.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Better than good, but not mind-blowing.

Yup. Not hearing anything that makes me want to listen, but it's good. killer leads are definitely a high point.
More:

https://youtu.be/pent5OK29LA

Sounds stronger than the previous preview they did, some of the faster parts feel a bit "lazy sunday hangover at 3pm at some kvnts house", rather than "And then, I'm going to burn the rubble" but the midpaced and slower parts show more conviction. And the part around 3.28 is just killer whichever way you spin it.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Jan 27, 2016,
Sounds strong but not quite killer. Still very much appreciate the signature sense of Heavy Metal melody that D666 never forgoes.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
And the part around 3.28 is just killer whichever way you spin it.

HELL YEAH BROTHER. The leads at 2:00 got me hooked. I agree about the slower parts entirely. Liking this track way more than the first.
Just gonna bump this to remind me to check it out tonight
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
pretty dank
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
never really gave a lot of time to this band but this is decent if not earth-shattering ...after the nice and slow buildup I thought it was going to explode...it did, but somewhat subdued if that's the word I'm looking for.
Quote by elatihc
never really gave a lot of time to this band

Unchain the Wolves is one of my all time favorite Metal albums.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
same here, it was one of the very first metal albums I bought (had not heard the band at all before) and it caught me with a fatal tri-pronged attack of a) that wolf looks fucking awesome, b) awesome looking song titles and c) from MELBOURNE. needless to say i fell in love instantly

as i see it Unchain the Wolves is by far the best, a perfect blend of black, thrash and punk undertones with the thickest atmosphere of any of their releases. phoenix rising and cold steel are both very strong, though without any punk sound to them, phoenix leans more towards black metal and cold steel leans more towards thrash. not to discount their later work, but i don't think it is as good as the first 3. i've even had a few non-metal friends get into unchain the wolves - it is sing a long stuff at times (still, of the most evil kind, obviously)

and thanks, VG, for delaying the start of 80s power metal day by the length of this album
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Last edited by MHDrunk at Mar 17, 2016,
Quote by Kytokinesis
Did someone say 80s power metal?

JOIN ME

Having heard the whole album, it fucking rips. It's certainly not their best album, but D666 by-the-numbers is still better than a large swath of other bands, and calling this album "D666 by-the-numbers" is doing it a disservice.

It's just really fucking good thrashy black metal.