Sometimes, I see guitarists bend the neck (not the string) to make the tone growl like a racing car. How to produce that huh ? Are they using B-bender or some string bender ?
Amateur guitarist straight from the oven !

Quote by Stuck_nomore
Sometimes, I see guitarists bend the neck (not the string) to make the tone growl like a racing car. How to produce that huh ? Are they using B-bender or some string bender ?

I personally wouldn't joke around with bending the neck that much, but the sound can be easily produced with a high gain and pressing the tremolo arm.
Last edited by MrNewGuy at Jan 6, 2016,
If you have a trem, neck bends are unnecessary. On a relatively unstable neck (i.e. usually mahogany, especially SG-like neck joints) neck bends can do a decent job of imitating the sound of a trem if you don't have one. You won't do any damage if you're not actively trying to. You just push the neck away from you while holding the guitar body against you for leverage.

Slash does a fairly visible demonstration just after 2:30 in this. Quite often you can hold the body in place with your arm in normal playing position, just he's going for maximum leverage here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jbv9gS-FM
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jan 7, 2016,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
If you have a trem, neck bends are unnecessary. On a relatively unstable neck (i.e. usually mahogany, especially SG-like neck joints) neck bends can do a decent job of imitating the sound of a trem if you don't have one. You won't do any damage if you're not actively trying to. You just push the neck away from you while holding the guitar body against you for leverage.

Slash does a fairly visible demonstration just after 2:30 in this. Quite often you can hold the body in place with your arm in normal playing position, just he's going for maximum leverage here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jbv9gS-FM

Didn't slash break a guitar neck doing just this?
Personally I wouldn't advise this, especially to make the strings loose enough for your 'growl'.
Last edited by SpiderM at Jan 10, 2016,
Quote by SpiderM
Didn't slash break a guitar neck doing just this?
Personally I wouldn't advise this, especially to make the strings loose enough for your 'growl'.

Indeed, actual "growling" would require a fair amount of neck bending. Slash can buy another 3 guitars after every gig, most of us can't.