I hope this is the right threat. I've taken a guitar pro file written by someone else and added the drum track to it. I was wondering what the proper way to share this on the website would be. Should I contact person who originally transcribed the song or upload it myself and mention that I used them as a basis? Thanks
When you submit a tab for a song there is a drop down you can choose just for DRUM tab... You could just submit the DRUM tab by itself and take all the credit...

To me though if you are taking a pre-existing tab and adding to it ...

I would first ask the person whose tab it is if you can use his pre-existing tab and add the drum section to it and then add his name as the contributor of all parts except DRUM. After he responds I would then submit the tab.

if you contact him and he doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of time then I would just add to his tab but still acknowledge his name as the contributor for all instruments except DRUM.

Lastly, you can basically add a NOTE at the beginning of the tab saying almost exactly what you stated in this thread so people know what was done and by who.
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Jan 7, 2016,