Parents got me a GC gift card for Christmas, I built a mini stack but now would like to get a practice amp to play around with when I don't feel like pissing off the neighbors.

I am looking at the usual suspects: Roland Cube, Mustang I, Vypyr, Orange Crush

I would really like an Orange as I like their tone, but have never played the smaller one, the CR12 with the 6" speaker. Will I regret having the smaller speaker as opposed to an 8" on the Mustang or Cube?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Last edited by Prototype4342 at Jan 7, 2016,
I think that generally larger is better as far as speakers go, and don't get fooled by the orange, it doesn't really sound like you expect an orange to sound. I'd personally go for one of the others. Vypyr if you're into heavier stuff, Mustang if you're into cleans and Cube if you want something simple and accessible.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I think that generally larger is better as far as speakers go, and don't get fooled by the orange, it doesn't really sound like you expect an orange to sound. I'd personally go for one of the others. Vypyr if you're into heavier stuff, Mustang if you're into cleans and Cube if you want something simple and accessible.
+1 //thread

I'd go with the VYPYR myself though.
Any opinions on the Blackstar ID:core? Seems to have good features and dual 5" speakers, and excellent reviews
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342
Any opinions on the Blackstar ID:core? Seems to have good features and dual 5" speakers, and excellent reviews

Two 5" speakers don't stack up to one good speaker so to speak, you'll just get two bad speakers.

That being said, I have no experience with the blackstar so I can't speak for or against it.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Will Lane
+1 //thread

I'd go with the VYPYR myself though.

I think that might be my best bet, that or the Cube. The cube is quite a bit cheaper right now but I have a Peavey JSX head and love the thing, not that the JSX and Vypyr 8" combo amp are really comparable
-Douglas Adams
Picked up the Cube, on sale for $40 less than the Vypyr right now and leaves me a couple dollars on the card. Thanks for the suggestions
-Douglas Adams
Be warned if you have the Orange amp on your back seat and you slam on the brakes at 60MPH it will explode into a million pieces...just like any other amp. That was a fun day.