Hey all, been thinking about snagging myself a proper wah pedal recently as a finishing touch on my updated rig. Running an Epiphone G-400 through my Palomino V16 in addition to the other effects already in my line.

After shopping around a bit these past couple weeks I've ended up torn and figured I may as well ask what everyone round here had to say on the matter. Right now I'm mostly between a Budda Budwah, Dunlop 535Q, or ideally a cheapish Fulltone Clyde Standard if I get lucky. Not worried about the pedal's footprint or anything. Mostly just looking for a mid-thick funked-up wah to replace the shoddy couple GCB-95s I got a looong while back. I've always found the sweep and overall range to be kind of a let down.

Thanks guys! I appreciate any say you may have in the matter. (In advance.)
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I have never used the Clyde or the Budda but I really like the 535q. Being able to adjust the range and Q without opening it and messing with the guts is super handy (especially when you aren't playing the same kind of guitar/styles all the time).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
have you tried any Morley wahs? my personal favs. the budda and clyde models are excellent wahs as well.
I would save 40 bucks more and get the Morley PWF. The range and voice are amazing.
In my experience used wah pedals are a shitty gamble. If you get the pedal and it ends up needing a new pot and switch you’ll quickly hit the cost of a new one. Trust me, I have two fucked up used wah pedals in this very room to prove it.
Quote by jpnyc
In my experience used wah pedals are a shitty gamble. If you get the pedal and it ends up needing a new pot and switch you’ll quickly hit the cost of a new one. Trust me, I have two fucked up used wah pedals in this very room to prove it.

Morley's don't have pots. just sayin.
Quote by jpnyc

200 bucks to replace a pot and switch in a pedal? ICAR pots are like 30 and the switches are dirt cheap. How do you figure it would cost that much to fix? I mean, if you get it repaired by a tech, sure you're gonna get hit with bench fees but you don't need to send it to a tech to replace a switch and a pot. Am I missing something?

Quote by monwobobbo
Morley's don't have pots. just sayin.

That too
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jan 7, 2016,
I have an Ibanez Weeping Demon, which I bought because it was like £50 and has the adjustment options of a 535Q. I've seen several people say it sounds awful, but I'm pretty happy with mine so I guess it's a different strokes for different folks thing. Plenty of demos about. Super cheap if you go used, super solid, super versatile.

(And, like the Morley, it's optical so you don't have pots to wear out and, like the Morley, it can be used spring-loaded so it turns on when you step on it and turns off when you step off, or - unlike the Morley - it can be set to stay where you leave it and be turned on/off with a footswitch)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jan 7, 2016,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I have an Ibanez Weeping Demon, which I bought because it was like £50 and has the adjustment options of a 535Q. I've seen several people say it sounds awful, but I'm pretty happy with mine so I guess it's a different strokes for different folks thing. Plenty of demos about. Super cheap if you go used, super solid, super versatile.

(And, like the Morley, it's optical so you don't have pots to wear out and, like the Morley, it can be used spring-loaded so it turns on when you step on it and turns off when you step off, or - unlike the Morley - it can be set to stay where you leave it and be turned on/off with a footswitch)

I was actually gonna buy a Weeping Demon until my friend told me about the Cliff tribute pedal was being developed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

ummm.... only the Bad Horsey has the spring return other Morley models like the Classic and the Power can be parked (they have an on/off switch seperate from the treadle.
Quote by monwobobbo
ummm.... only the Bad Horsey has the spring return other Morley models like the Classic and the Power can be parked (they have an on/off switch seperate from the treadle.

Ah, my mistake, then. It's something I've always seen associated with Morleys, but I guess that's because everyone loves the Bad Horsey.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
Why Is This A Question?

Because we live in a capitalist society where we do not have a standardised regulation government wah which we must all use with enthusiasm regardless of its efficacy for the music we make.

That aside, the Morley's probably one of the best options for the money, if not the best.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22