This fucking floored me man, such a nice rhythm to it. Some seriously nice playing man, it's very clean and the tone isn't too gainy either. Maybe turn the bass up more in the mix, but that's just my opinion. 1:46 is probably my favourite part. I'd maybe tighten the ending up a bit. Overall though I really enjoyed it man, It wouldn't be the music i'd normally listen to but I was entertained for the duration of the song, Keep it up!
C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33766198#post33766198
this stuff depresses me just because i'm nowhere near as good as guitar. i really love how you go into the riff at :38, it's a total punch in the face.

there's another guitar at like 1:30 that is very quiet, but maybe that's the point?

awesome tune overall. i wish i could be more detailed but i don't listen to stuff like this too often so i'm lacking in background. you are damn good at what you do though. it's brutal but not predictable in the ways i would usually expect, which makes it a much more exciting listen. can i ask what you use for guitar and drums?

and if you get a chance:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33766269
For guitar a line 6 hd pod 500, drums ezdrummer or sometimes I just find drum tracks already put together and compose my guitar and bass playing around that. Never get depressed over someones playing, and to look down upon your own, we all have strengths and weaknesses. I do believe just about anyone that loves and plays music can contribute something good within music and enjoy whatever abilities they do have in crafting their music and enjoying their own journey in anyway they want to.
Hello there.

Very nice work with the rhythms!. Your playing is nice and tight and theres obviously some skill being thrown around there. Mix wise I thought it was being hurt a bit by the bass sound. It seems to be stuck out on the left and doesnt have a lot of low end to it. The result (to me) is the fizzines of the guitar gets a bit over powering. Upping the low end on the bass would help I think but probably gets you into a fight with the kick drum (which sounds really good at this stage).

Overall a cool track.

If you fancy some C4C - heres my track

Cheers
Hey thanks for your critique, I'll do my best to return the favor.

First of all that's some cool rhythm, very syncopated and I like how it isn't just chugged on one note all the time. To me it sounds like you compressed the shit out of the guitars, there is practically 0 dynamics and seems to be the forefront of the whole song. Now take that as you will that is just my initial reaction and is not meant to sound douchebaggery. I really do think you got some cool stuff going on there.

1:05 is definitely different, I think it adds some good tension to the song before you go into that nice melodic lead. So good on you for structuring it that way.

I dig the lead tone, I think you got the right amount of reverb but maybe add some delay to fatten it up (my opinion) but I understand if you were going for a certain sound.

At 3:00 I hear crackling noises, it could be from clipping.

I don't know what frequency it is, but after listening for a while my ears begin to hurt. It's definitely in the mid-upper register of the spectrum but it really does fatigue my ears quite fast.

I think the drums sound pretty good, can't really find anything to nit-pick about.

I am not hearing the bass too well except at 1:05 I can barely make it out so I think it could use a boost and the kick drums seems to be drowning it out as well.

I gotta say though, the name of the song, Chain Punches to the Throat, is the perfect name for this song haha. Love it.

You are definitely a very competent player and are good at structuring your song. Hope you found some of my comments useful.
Quote by Fourfourforever
For guitar a line 6 hd pod 500, drums ezdrummer or sometimes I just find drum tracks already put together and compose my guitar and bass playing around that. Never get depressed over someones playing, and to look down upon your own, we all have strengths and weaknesses. I do believe just about anyone that loves and plays music can contribute something good within music and enjoy whatever abilities they do have in crafting their music and enjoying their own journey in anyway they want to.

This^

Something that helps me put guitar playing in perspective is what Steve Vai said, basically "Focus on your strength, don't worry about the weaknesses." And since then I have really gotten a lot better technically in my playing. It's a phrase I will always remember and take into account when I am floored by someone else's playing that I can't do.
Love the title, chain punches to the throat! Bruutal.

I'm a little out of my comfort zone with this song as I tend to not listen to so much progressive stuff (don't stone me!)!

Really like a lot of the riffs in this, although I find it a bit too alien with how it changes after every riff with no repetition so to speak, but that's the style I'm sure. I think since I don't really play guitar nowadays except for composing (and I go for a more punk influenced way than anything complex), and I focus more of my time on vocals (as a singer), getting my head around this is quite difficult. Sounds epic though and definitely some killer riffage in there!

Keep it up man!