Happy NGD to me!

So, I found this for a very, very reasonable price and had the opportunity to return it within 30 days so...I pulled the trigger on it.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/5huj6

Guuurl, look at that body. So, in the neck pocket, it says it's a S from 1997. I believe that means it's one of their standard MIJ's, but I have no idea what the body is made from, or anything else. Gotoh Tune-o-matic bridge, nice pretty binding and EMG pickups. If anyone can tell me anything else about it, let me know.

What I do know about it is that it plays phenomenally. Really low action (though not quite the lowest I've had; I think I need to mess around with the truss rod just a tad since it appears to bow slightly out in the middle). It sounds a little bit brighter than most EMGs I've played, but I'm still flip flopping between putting a set of EMGx's I have lying around or completely replacing the electronics and throwing some Seymour Duncans in.

Either way, I've always wanted a real ESP horizon and this'll definitely keep me over until I make enough for a new one :P
Here is the ESP catalog for 1997, you have a Horizon, made from Ash (you can tell from the significant/unique wood grain)

Likely the EMG's were either an upgrade from ESP or it was done by a previous owner.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/078/ESP-1997-Catalog.pdf?1392144576
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Thanks!

Yeah, I found the ESP Japan catalog for 1997 before, but was stymied by the fact that I don't speak Japanese. I'd only seen Horizons in Alder before, so it looks like whoever bought it originally put in the semi-custom order for ash and EMGs.

Thanks for the help
very nice

I'm not too well up on ESPs so I can't help with the questions unfortunately
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?