so i have a nice 2013 lpj in white, it was 600aud so very cheap and ive decided to change out the pickups (498t and 490r)
i play alot of led zeppelin, acdc, zz top and pretty much 70's hard rock
i had a few ideas of what to do,
1, put a dirty fingers in the bridge and im not sure what else would go in the neck, so could someone give me a good combo to go with the dirty fingers please!
2, get the seamore duncan pearly gates set and throw them in
3, use the angus young dirty fingers and possibly the slash neck pickup from seamore duncan.

i dont really know tbh, money isnt a problem i just want something that sounds nice.

thanks

EDIT: after a bit more browsing i saw the antiquity hum bucker set, i dont know if they would suit my play style, let me know if you have used them and if you like them, i have other guitars that they might go in.
Last edited by molten oxide at Jan 8, 2016,
What are you using as far as amps? I can't imagine the stock 498t and 490R aren't good for the 70's rock you have listed.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
i haven't tried it but i would suspect the dirty fingers would be way too hot. you probably want something paf-ish or hot paf-ish, i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pearly Gates would be my choice

Dave is right the Dirty Fingers is hotter and more modern sounding than the 498T you have in the guitar.

The Angus young set your paying more just because his name is on them.

Honestly you might want to look at the SD Seth Lover set, they are great PAF style HB's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ryanbwags
What are you using as far as amps? I can't imagine the stock 498t and 490R aren't good for the 70's rock you have listed.

ive got a marshall 1959 slp reissue going through a marshall 1960a cab.
Quote by Stickymongoose
SD Whole Lotta Humbucker set?

no Seth Lover set
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate