Hello again! I've been looking at different guitars for a while but can never decide, then I found puresalem. Has anyone owned/played these? I've heard some really good things about them but I also read that they're kind of like Eastwood so I'd be a little worried about quality control and all that. I'm sorta deciding between their classic creep model, a phantom copy, and a jazzmaster right now. Dank you
No interest in the company since their owner showed up here pretending to be a customer. Not the sign of a business whose products stand on their own merits.
Lots of guitar makers out there...

What do you want- clarifying "surfy"- and what is yr budget?

Also, what have you already seen and ejected?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm into psych/noise/garage-y stuff like Ty Segall, King Gizzard, Spacemen 3 and stuff and it's pretty hard to find a lefty jazzmaster so I started looking at other guitars. I'd be willing to spend around $1000. I might just make a jazzmaster with warmoth parts but that seems like too much work, especially if I'd still be spending around the same amount

Right now it's mainly between these two
http://store.phantomguitars.com/teardrop-hollow-body-six-string-left-handed/

http://www.puresalemguitars.com/models/classic-creep/

The Phantom seems kinda hard to play sitting down but I've always wanted a Vox and these are supposedly better than the originals. Both seem like they'd be great for the sound I want but it's a really tough decision and I wanna see what else is out there. I was also looking at the Dipinto Galaxie 4 but they weigh too much IMO.
That's right- I remember you!

What I know of Pure Salem- found them shortly before they cheesed off the mods here- I'd go with the Phantom. (In all honesty, part of that is because I love their Teardrop, too.)

You WILL need a good strap to play one sitting, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 8, 2016,
Quote by Roc8995
No interest in the company since their owner showed up here pretending to be a customer. Not the sign of a business whose products stand on their own merits.

I would completely agree. This is a huge red flag. Any owner who pretends to be a customer has shown you their character and I wouldn't put it past him to cut corners in terms of build quality.
There are plenty of guitars out there, many that will have a look you like and most likely a superior build.
Haha what'd they do? The only thing I don't really like about the Pure Salem is the P90s. The Phantom seems great, I asked the guy who makes them about returns (in case it wasn't a good fit for me) and he said he's been building them for 22 years and never had anyone complain about them. I'll probably go with that, and I'll get a hardshell case out of it.

I only have cheap straps but none of my guitars have slipped out of them if that's what you mean
Quote by cowboy_jones
I only have cheap straps but none of my guitars have slipped out of them if that's what you mean

I think he means that the Teardrop has a pretty awkward shape if you're sitting down with it, so you need a strap to keep it from slipping.

And damn, does anyone have links to some threads by the PureSalem guy? What did he try to achieve? Anyway, that's fishy as hell.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I think he means that the Teardrop has a pretty awkward shape if you're sitting down with it, so you need a strap to keep it from slipping.

And damn, does anyone have links to some threads by the PureSalem guy? What did he try to achieve? Anyway, that's fishy as hell.

His name is Rick Sell. Look him up, he posts on every website, although presumably not pretending to be a satisfied customer each time. If anything you'll see he is heavily involved on essentially every guitar forum you can name.
Thanks. I actually found a bunch of stuff of him posting threads like "I really love this guitar company, they're the best" and things like that Not the most professional thing I've seen. Even if the guitars are good, that's pretty lame.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Well, that IS what y were wondering about when you posted a while back. I've never seen a lefty DiPinto, and it ticks all your boxes, including the trem type.

I'd say do it.