Hello, my name is Kyle and I am looking to buy my first new electric guitar. I am wanting to get an Ibanez electric. My style of music is Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. What would be a good Ibanez for a beginner? I would like it to be below $500.00. I am also trying to find the perfect amp for this guitar also $500.00 is what I would spend on the amp. Let me know what you guys thing and why.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That looks like a nice guitar, but I'd be cautious buying a first guitar used unless you have a relative or friend who knows guitars that would be willing to come with you and take a look at it.
Is there a particular reason you want Ibanez over other brands?
^ Probably a load of crap

Gear

PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Squier Strat
Washburn D10SCE

Vox AC30C2
Roland MicroCube
Fender frontman 15G
Since the TS is a self-proclaimed beginner, a Floyd probably isn't the best route. But yeah, why just Ibanez? ESP LTD and Jackson have great guitars too
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Ibanez is just guitars that my favorite bands use. Of the ESP LTD and Jackson which are good models?
^ the more expensive ones, unfortunately

good call on splitting the budget more or less equally for the amp and guitar- that's often a good way to do it, especially if you plan on jamming or gigging soon. however, if you're mainly going to be practising at home at the start, another option might be a cheapish amp, because the Prestige Ibanezes on MF start at $1000. You'd need to up your budget slightly, but that might also be worth considering. (the prestige ones are made in japan and are generally where the "pro quality" models start)

or for a bit less, the mexican-made pro series jacksons (the ones with bolt-on necks) get a good rep, but i haven't tried them.

Quote by MTolly
That looks like a nice guitar, but I'd be cautious buying a first guitar used unless you have a relative or friend who knows guitars that would be willing to come with you and take a look at it.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 9, 2016,
Quote by PiercedBand
Since the TS is a self-proclaimed beginner, a Floyd probably isn't the best route. But yeah, why just Ibanez? ESP LTD and Jackson have great guitars too

yeah, i was kind of thinking too. however, the ibanez has a good trem if he should want one. they really aren't that hard to set up if you have patience. there are tons of good demos and walkthoughs on the net and youtube.

mid level jacksons aren't bad. i would look MIJ (i have had three, and they were nice, but i am in love with my prestiges). i would recommend a DKMG or DKMGT (no trem) and they can be found cheap.

LTD makes solid guitars, but i (based on MY personal preference) am not a huge fan. they just don't sit right with me (owned a EC400 EC401 and an EC1000). the EC400 is a pretty good guitar though, much better than the EC401's.

you really just have to try some different guitars and see what fits your best.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/