Hello, I did couple of covers of songs by The Devil Wears Prada. I play guitar for half an year so I am still pretty much a beginner, but I would appreciate if you could watch and give me some tips/tell me what I am doing wrong!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjVxediJaIY
As I said, I have a few more on my channel and I think I will keep adding since it's lots of fun!
P.S.: Still don't quite understand the rules of this section, I hope I did everything allright.
Everyone and their moms will tell you this, so I apologize if I sound like a broken record. Get a metronome and learn how to use it. Keeping time is one of the most important parts of playing guitar.

Relax. You look very tensed up, just let it flow. Let the guitar be one with you, Daniel-San.

Practice.
All day. Every day.
I'm not sure how old you are, but you look like you're still in school. Take advantage of your free time! I started when I was 14 and I practiced for 3-4 hours a day and sometimes I kick myself for not practicing more. It's a passion you gotta stick with and stay dedicated to, but it seems like you're on the right track!

Oh, and experiment with different pick sizes and thicknesses. For me, the pick made all the difference in the world when I was starting out.

Stay metal brother \m/
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I am in the same age as when you started, I also practice a few hours a day but that's mainly because it's just lots of fun, if it wasn't or it won't be anymore in the future I won't push myself into it. Just playin' for fun ya know.
And once again thanks for the advices!
Last edited by juny.main at Jan 9, 2016,
Not bad for only playing for a year and a half! The genre can be very intimidating so props for tackling this.

I agree with pedromiles, in that, your timing is off in some parts. It looks like you are getting to the area of the fret board you intend to play a fraction too late. Furthermore, your picking is lacking efficiency. Looks very labored in certain areas. But both of these issues correct themselves with time, so no big.

Props for down chugging on the palm mutes. Way heavier!

Also, I recently made a cover in same genre (Underoath), check it out and let me know what you think if you get a chance!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689093