Poll: Can you ski or snowboard?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you ski or snowboard?
Yes I can do both
8 21%
I can ski
10 26%
I can snowboard
1 3%
No, I'm not a middle class prick
20 51%
Voters: 39.
Page 1 of 2
Winter sports is so fun but I haven't been able to go in forever due to money issues. Haven't even been on a dry slope in about 5 years.

How many Pit users have been skiing or snowboarding?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i can do both, not either particularly well. i've done more snowboarding, but i might be better at skiing. Never could do the trick parks though. the coolest thing i did was slowly sliding off a box and landing after a 2ft drop. not that thrilling. it's pr fun though
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've been to a couple of dry slopes and that kind of thing.

Skiing is shit, and snowboarding is for people who want to be surfers but want to cover up theit bellies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by sam b
Yeah, both. Living near the arctic circle helps though

I am fairly jealous of you sam

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I did an intensive ski/snowboarding class for gym one year in college. We hit the slopes for two days straight.

I sucked shit at it.

Probably the most physically demanding thing I've ever done, at least relative to the shape I was in back then (terrible). I got seriously wrecked that weekend.
Last edited by E7#9 at Jan 9, 2016,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I am fairly jealous of you sam

Then you remember I support Newcastle
i haven't skied in a while but i think i could still do it fairly well if you gave me a day or two of practice. i can definitely tare up mad pow (snowboard) tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by WCPhils
never been

But I want to learn

same

I haven't seen snow in probably 5 years

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by sam b
Then you remember I support Newcastle

I think being able to ski without spending a few grand on an expensive holiday (which I'd have to go alone on cos non of my mates ski) is worth the pain of Newcastle

Quote by JamSessionFreak
i haven't skied in a while but i think i could still do it fairly well if you gave me a day or two of practice. i can definitely tare up mad pow (snowboard) tho

It's definitely something that is fairly intuitive like riding a bike. Whenever I get back on a slope I have been fine again even though the majority of my skiing was from age 5-11

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 9, 2016,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think being able to ski without spending a few grand on an expensive holiday (which I'd have to go alone on cos non of my mates ski) is worth the pain of Newcastle

It's definitely something that is fairly intuitive like riding a bike. Whenever I get back on a slope I have been fine again even though the majority of my skiing was from age 5-11

lol posho
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
lol posho

Then we ran out of money and I haven't been abroad since 2007

Quote by Thrashtastic15
what the fuck is a dry slope, smh

Little brush things which imitate snow

Quote by Thrashtastic15
what the fuck is a dry slope, smh

Not every country is an uninhabitable wilderness.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I'm not that boojie yet.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

lol wtf is this
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
little brush things which imitate snow

I picked it up pretty quickly when I went years ago, been to the dry slopes a couple of times since. I also went to that indoor place in Dubai but it kind of sucked lol

Really want to go again tho
UK's even more grim than I thought, you guys actually ski on dirt.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's because we exist in purgatory where it's never cold enough for snow but isn't warm enough for the beach

Quote by JamSessionFreak

ffs, I couldn't remember having posted this, and then I remembered I've never even gone skying or snowboarding before
Quote by slapsymcdougal

This is awful
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
This is awful

That's skiing for you.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by mattedbird
why is he wearing a snow suit?

Because if you're doing any appreciable speed on that and deck it, you're getting friction burns on any exposed skin on contact with the... whatever the fuck it's made from.
Quote by Diemon Dave
it's made of little brushes which imitate snow

We have a slope where I live and it's basically kept running by snow making machines. It's alright for a few visits, but short run skiing gets old pretty quick.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
it's made of little brushes which imitate snow

But what are the brushes made of?

Are they just ever smaller brushes all the way down?
Quote by Diemon Dave
the suit makes sense from the protective end of it. I just wonder how much friction it could have......never mind I figured it out
Last edited by mattedbird at Jan 9, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
ffs, I couldn't remember having posted this, and then I remembered I've never even gone skying or snowboarding before

yeah lol i had to read this two times before i realized whats going on

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by slapsymcdougal

molecules

:3

Quote by slapsymcdougal

maybe wire brush. it slows you down in a hurry
Quote by EndTheRapture51
molecules

:3

But are they brush molecules?
Quote by Diemon Dave
probably polyester

they're definitely not metal

My school used to do trips up the mountains each year to ski. It was good fun.

When I was an Army Cadet I used to participate in a biathlon, skiing and then shooting made for a pretty awesome day.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

#thingswhitepeopledo
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jan 9, 2016,
Page 1 of 2