At last! I've wanted a dingwall for years and by pure coincidence, in December, one became available and I could actually afford it!

First impressions:
Out of the box, it was set up pretty much perfectly (although the action was a little low for me, quickly remedied by the included tools). The finish was flawless and everything looked good. I bought mine in Ferrari Red.

When it turned up and I took it out of the box was actually my very first time playing any fanned fret instrument, so I took a big gamble, but luckily it paid off - it's glorious!

Sound:
In a word; epic.
Good tonal variety and the pickups sound very clear and articulate.
My one small negative is that in passive mode, you can't get it massively fat sounding.
One way that could be fixed is by moving the neck pickup to the standard Combustion position (the routing is still there under the pickguard), although that would alter the 'Both Parallel' setting (the one on the switch next to 'neck' position) which is my personal favourite.

Looks:
Come on, look at it!

Overall:
This is definitely the best bass I've owned in my opinion. It feels great to play, sounds immense and looks amazing.

5/7, so... a week.

Full image gallery:

Sorry for the phone pictures. I also apologise for the fact that the cushions have more hair on them than ZZ Top, but my cats are malting.

DEMO HERE!

Thanks!
Last edited by CorrosionMedia at Jan 9, 2016,
Damn that's sexy! Congrats dude! How long would you say it took you to get use to the frets? A few hours, a few days? Do you notice a improvement in terms of tone of comfort?
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by LightxGrenade
Damn that's sexy! Congrats dude! How long would you say it took you to get use to the frets? A few hours, a few days? Do you notice a improvement in terms of tone of comfort?

Thanks!
It took me less than 30 mins to feel fine with it and a few days to feel absolutely comfortable. Now it feels weird to go back to my old 5 string, but my 4 strings feel fine, strangely.
It's hard to say with comfort, but it definitely doesn't feel uncomfortable. Depends what you like in a neck mainly. My Stingray 5 has quite a round neck, whereas this has a flatter feel to it.

What it comes down to is that I now need ALL THE DINGWALLS!
oh baby
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
*wipes saliva off keyboard*

HBNBD, that thing is beautiful! Ever since I tried out a Combustion I keep telling myself to try and save up for one, and the NG is just all the better.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Ever since I tried out a Combustion I keep telling myself to try and save up for one, and the NG is just all the better.

DO EET!
I still don't regret it and it's been a month, so I think It's definitely the one for me!

P.S. I discovered today that there's a 'hidden' extra pickup position (the standard Combustion neck position) under the pickguard pre-drilled! It sounds great! I just wish I could fit 3 pickups in there now...