So, the wife is getting an iPhone and we try to keep big purchases fairly equal. I'm still looking to grab a Schecter omen, but I'm also considering a budget Jackson. I'm looking at the Dinky JS11 or JS22 but I'm not entirely clear on the specs. As best I can tell, the 11 has 22 frets and inlays while the JS22 has 24 frets and shark fun inlays. It seems like the electronics are the same, but I could be wrong.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Which JS11?

The older ones that are still on the market, have a 12" neck radius, while the JS22 has a 12-16" neck radius.

If you don't know what is neck radius, basically it determines how flat the neck is. The higher the radius, the flatter the fingerboard is.

Having a 12-16" neck radius means that the neck has a 12" radius on the lower frets and it gets flatter (gets closer to the 16" radius) as you move to the higher frets. On the lower frets you will probably be playing chords mostly, so a lower radius helps your hands with that. On the higher frets, you will be mostly playing leads, and a flatter neck is more helpful with that.

However, like everything else, ymmv. You may or may not like it. If the JS11 is indeed one of the older models, I recommend you to try both guitars and see which one feels best on your hands.

The neck and headstock of the JS22 also has binding.

The other differences, which are number of frets and the inlays were already mentioned by you.
If you can get the JS22 go with with. That JS11 is the absolute cheapest Jackson there is.
I'm going to have to have a second look, because they seem pretty damn close and I figured the JS22 is a step up from the JS11. There is a JS10, which seems to have a poplar wood neck, whereas the the JS11 and JS22 share the same basswood body and maple neck.

FWIW, the first time I tried them out was with new models, so without looking at serial numbers, I would assume they were 2015 models. I saw the plastic sheets on the humbuckers, so I took that assumption.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I wouldn't buy either.

save 'mo money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I actually like the feel, and I can probably find it used for 1/2 the cost used and don't mind doing the set up myself. I've really enjoyed doing that on what I have now and for me, while learning is part of it, I'm not going pro and I don't have my dream guitar, so yes, these guitars aren't high-end, but for what I'm doing, which is basically screwing around with this at home, it's fine. I can always look at something that. I know I'm looking at the bottom barrel stuff, however, I'm not doing live playing (0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0, yeah!).
This is something new for me and I'm not in a rush to cram a bunch of concepts into my head. I'm hear to enjoy the ride and it something happens beyond that, awesome.

If I don't like a guitar, it's not worth buying.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Dude, take the moment to get the Omen you want. They can be found used all the time, for real cheap. And they're definitely better guitars than the JS series Jacksons.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Oh, the Omen I'm getting for my drop C tuning usage. I like the handling of the JS, and if I can get one cheap, I'll get it.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Sure, go for it. Nothing wrong with having one cheapo to mess around with.
I'm rocking a Squire now (maybe modified down the line), it's doubtful I could go down from there.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz