Page 1 of 2
Ok so. Finally got a denim jacket that I will be turning into a vest. I'm a little behind in the game obviously, and am having a hard time finding proper patches. Are there any good online locations to find these?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
hobby lobby
or any arts and crafts store should have plenty of patches to choose from
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I think hot topic sells Zelda patches such as the triforce you have as your avatar
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by whywefight at #33768978
I just googled 'denim vest sexy' and got zero search results so I would advise against a denim vest

Your google is broken

however TS I highly doubt you can pull this look off
The only time I see denim vests with patches are guys in their 60s who play shit AC/DC covers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Get them from concerts so that at least each patch will have a story.

...and that chick is kinda fugly.
Quote by Rebel Scum

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to her face.

Thanks for ruining it
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to her face.

Thanks for ruining it

Hey your welcome
get one at a show.

or take an old band t shirt and cut out the design.

this thread don't know shit about my denim vest game. it's all about those extra pockets, man. denim vests to jake are like utility belts to batman.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
get one at a show.

or take an old band t shirt and cut out the design.

this thread don't know shit about my denim vest game. it's all about those extra pockets, man. denim vests to jake are like utility belts to batman.

an over compensation?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Wholly unnecessary?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Rebel Scum at #33769033

I was playing a dangerous game because after a while I did notice that

I still deem the rest good enough
Quote by Strato-Massacre
an over compensation?

wut?

Quote by i_lovemetallica
Wholly unnecessary?

not when i'm going to a show in the city and can use the extra pockets.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
wut?

not when i'm going to a show in the city and can use the extra pockets.

What do you need the extra pockets for? All those condoms you'll never use?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
What do you need the extra pockets for? All those condoms you'll never use?

ohohoho!

really tho smokes, wallet, gum, show tickets, possibly concealed booze later on at night.

plus it's better to have a place to stuff show flyers and cds i might grab at the show if i can't immediately get back to my car.

i might not have made it clear, either, but mine has fairly large inner pockets. only reason it's really a vest is because the thing was a defective POS denim jacket and the sleeves ended a few inches after my elbows, so i just cut em off.
Meh, I tend to have enough room in my pants pockets.

In winter when I wear my big jacket though, the inner pockets are amazing for storing girl's phone numbers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
This was fantastic. And I'm not going for sexy. Going more for "thrashy". And I like the "Each patch will have a story" thing, but a lot of bands don't seem to have patches in their merch these days. (I know I'm still late to the party, but I'm only 21. I'm trying.=D) Hobby Lobby will be tested. I've been messing with Amazon. I REALLY want a good patch to go across my shoulders, but sadly my favorite band doesn't have a balanced logo...I'm gonna figure this out. It's gonna happen. Gonna be a fun DIY metalhead project. Arts and crafts!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
fuck the patches, get tattoos
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
patches are cheaper, but also get tattoos.

as long as they're not tribal/barbed wire/lame shit like that.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
I think hot topic sells Zelda patches such as the triforce you have as your avatar

Agreed. There's a part of me that wants to throw a Pokeball, and a Triforce on there somewhere, but where would it end?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
patches are cheaper, but also get tattoos.

as long as they're not tribal/barbed wire/lame shit like that.

I'm working on the tattoos as well.XD That'll take some more time.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
what will, saving up the funds for them?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by GraceByDeath
I'm working on the tattoos as well.XD That'll take some more time.

definitely take your time with tattoos so you don't get something you regret.

look around the internet for patches tho. a lot of places that sell punk shit also have metal stuff if that's what you're looking for.

also check your favorite bands' merch sites. record label sites, too.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
what will, saving up the funds for them?

Indeed. All my excess funds go into music gear. But I do want to look good...
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by jakesmellspoo
definitely take your time with tattoos so you don't get something you regret.

look around the internet for patches tho. a lot of places that sell punk shit also have metal stuff if that's what you're looking for.

also check your favorite bands' merch sites. record label sites, too.

Exactly what I've been doing.=) Record label though...I forgot about that. Genius.=D
back in the day, I got all my band paches from rockabilia.com
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
ebay isn't a terrible choice either.

every now and then you'll get lucky and spot something you've been looking for. last time i just happened to be looking for possible tour dates for this one band, ebay results popped up, and i found two shirts for sale after trying and failing to find any merch from the band for years.

patches might be a little harder to find, but i think you can make an account and subscribe to search terms and you'll get regular updates on listings.

good luck.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
back in the day, I got all my band paches from rockabilia.com

Oh this is amazing...
Quote by jakesmellspoo at #33769227

I bet it looks great with your cargo pants.
oh good ole LMGTFY never gets old
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Page 1 of 2