Page 1 of 2
In fitness, how many people are on PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) of some sort? I have heard it is more widespread than most people think it is, and would account for actors being able to yo yo their weights between films or shows which would be impossible normally.

It has made me wonder since my friend used to be skinny but in the course of a year or so he has got ridiculously huge at the gym. Could he be using PEDs? How can you tell the line between a drug and someone who has just got their diet and fitness regime sorted well?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It has made me wonder since my friend used to be skinny but in the course of a year or so he has got ridiculously huge at the gym. Could he be using PEDs? How can you tell the line between a drug and someone who has just got their diet and fitness regime sorted well?
Idk. Timing would be my guess. A year sounds like an average timing to me but I'm far from an expert.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jan 11, 2016,
It's pretty rampant actually, I know of a few people who've done it, and I'm willing to bet it's pretty widespread in most professional sports
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Define "ridiculously huge"
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Majority of footballers are on some form of them
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Majority of footballers are on some form of them

Jack Wilshere definitely is

Shame he thinks cocaine is a PED also
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Define "ridiculously huge"

Has gone from like normal guy bit on the skinny side to body builder esque within a year

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm entirely too uncomfortable with the side effects of most PEDs to consider most of them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by EndTheRapture51
In fitness, how many people are on PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) of some sort? I have heard it is more widespread than most people think it is, and would account for actors being able to yo yo their weights between films or shows which would be impossible normally.

This is also cheating.
the fact that it shrinks your balls and dick should be enough to keep guys off of them....but it does not. Not to mention it will absolutely wreck your health later on.

I knew a guy that did it, and when he stopped lifting he literally had tits....about a c cup. He wasn't fat, but he had c cup sized boobs.
A year is a reasonable amount of time to get swole without PEDs. Unless PEDs is more expansive than banned/illegal substances. I've been at it for five months now and I haven't been so strict with my diet, and I only workout for six hours a week- no PEDs. I have made pretty good progress, but I could definitely have done more much quickly if I were to exert more effort. I don't think it's impossible.
Free Ali
When I get home I'm gonna find his progress pics

I mean, I'd say probably a good 40-50% of the guys at my gym are roided and they're not even athletes. It's not uncommon at all
I know pretty much all the guys in one of my friend groups were. They aren't "ridiculously huge" though.

There was this girl who started hanging out with us who is pretty jacked for a girl and she posted a tbt of herself where she was really skinny and unmuscular and because she was around those guys a lot, many people assumed that the pic was recent and that she was on something. But the pic was actually from 10 years ago ie before puberty so yeah
cat
I'm on academic PED's aka adderall
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What do you count as PEDs? Just steroids or...?

Does creatine count? A lot of people are supposedly on creatine supplements

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Key word there I think.

Though I stand by my assertion that going to a gym at all is cheating.
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33771323
Does creatine count?

not really

you might as well say whey protein is a PED
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Yeah this is what I was wondering too.
increased greasiness and acne is a good sign for steroids. peoples bodies are different and can get big pretty quick if they are hardcore into a program without roids or other drugs. as for as other supplements, I don't know the signs.
Last edited by mattedbird at Jan 11, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
You steal their urine and do a drug test

um, no. that's not how it works.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by chrismendiola at #33771260
A year is a reasonable amount of time to get swole without PEDs. Unless PEDs is more expansive than banned/illegal substances. I've been at it for five months now and I haven't been so strict with my diet, and I only workout for six hours a week- no PEDs. I have made pretty good progress, but I could definitely have done more much quickly if I were to exert more effort. I don't think it's impossible.

this too, steroids and stuff are mostly just uncommon, and i'd wager its more common for people to take exercise and lifting seriously enough to get naturally jacked

First year of uni I hit the gym pretty much every day as it was a 2 minute walk and I got bored a lot. Even without the right diet (didn't eat enough to gain any real mass) I still got pretty jacked. I actually really miss it, I'm going to get back into it within the next few weeks hopefully
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Has gone from like normal guy bit on the skinny side to body builder esque within a year

might just have very low bodyfat%/high metabolism. makes it very easy to look ripped as hell, not to mention when you initially start lifting you gain a crapload of weight and (potentially) muscle mass.

Quote by pressureproject
the fact that it shrinks your balls and dick should be enough to keep guys off of them....but it does not. Not to mention it will absolutely wreck your health later on.

there are drugs to counteract the shrunken balls and bitch tits, but yeah, this is generally true.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What do you count as PEDs? Just steroids or...?

human growth hormones, diuretics, blood transfusions, stimulants- there's others mentioned here: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/performance-enhancing-drugs-cheat-sheet/story?id=19871506#11

Quote by EndTheRapture51

no. although i can't pinpoint exactly why, i'd say it's because creatine is mainly found in red meats and etc... so is red meat a performance enhancing drug? on the other side of things, the NCAA has banned the distribution of creatine, protein powders, amino acids, etc. from coaches to students/athletes. so, it's not, but it is?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/533707-how-much-creatine-is-in-red-meat/

"Approximately 2 to 3 pounds of raw meat or fish contain the equivalent of 5 grams of pure creatine,"
which is more than comparable to some creatine-infused protein powders and supplements, and entirely possible to incorporate into your diet. 5g should be more than enough for loading and maintenance, unless you're built like a brick shithouse

Quote by mattedbird
increased greasiness and acne is a good sign for steroids.

could also be a sign that you're also just sweating a lot.
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 12, 2016,
2-3lbs of raw meat or fish is gonna be gross to incorporate into your diet

Gd reply though thanks mate

Quote by Dregen
no. although i can't pinpoint exactly why, i'd say it's because creatine is mainly found in red meats and etc... so is red meat a performance enhancing drug? on the other side of things, the NCAA has banned the distribution of creatine, protein powders, amino acids, etc. from coaches to students/athletes. so, it's not, but it is?

Yeah, but the NCAA is a joke. There's a poster in the gym at my university that's basically like a DARE ad for creatine. Like no one has died of creatine OD.... YET!

Basically, if you consider creatine a PED then you should consider caffeine a PED.

I've used "research chemicals" on myself such as Ipamorelin, CJC-1295, etc... I would maybe count those as PEDs. They're borderline. Creatine, BCAA's, pre-workout? Nah.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
2-3lbs of raw meat or fish is gonna be gross to incorporate into your diet

Gd reply though thanks mate

2 lbs isn't too extreme. 3 is pushing it. I could easily eat 2 lbs of meat a day. It's also not saying that you have to eat the meat raw... not sure if there's confusion there or not. Just that the meat weighs 2 lbs raw... will weight less cooked.
Does insulin count? Without it I kinda become a potato
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I workout consistently and am not/have never been on PEDs.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Fat Lard
that NO X PLODE

shit is garbage
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
shit is garbage

Once you've trained with it, you'll never train without it [tm] :^)

Nah, but its pretty legit. Has vitamins, 100mg caffeine, creatine, N.O ALPHA FUSION, THERMIC ENERGY, SHOCK COMPOSITE, MYOGENIC MATRIX
Quote by Fat Lard

Nah, but its pretty legit. Has vitamins, 100mg caffeine, creatine, N.O ALPHA FUSION, THERMIC ENERGY, SHOCK COMPOSITE, MYOGENIC MATRIX

And which of those ingredients has the side effect of inappropriate caps lock?
Quote by Fat Lard

non-stim for me. stim laden PWO's just give me headaches anymore. its all about that hemavol h2 and creaplex non flavored creatine.
however, if you want stims, id go with HydroxyElite Pro, now made by hi-tech pharmaceuticals (not trying to sound like an advertisement, it was just made by a different extremely popular company until recently). its the old formula with 1,3 Dimeth (dmaa) added to it. seriously the only legitimate "fat burner" ive ever experienced or heard of.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jan 12, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard

not enough caffeine
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah, but the NCAA is a joke. There's a poster in the gym at my university that's basically like a DARE ad for creatine. Like no one has died of creatine OD.... YET!

i don't know much about the NCAA or anything, not a particularly sportsy person. i just lift occasionally. but i do know that there's a lot of varying studies saying that creatine is and isn't harmful. so basically, the safety of creatine usage is undecided- maybe like mostly every other supplement on the market, considering the FDA warnings on the labels.

2 lbs isn't too extreme. 3 is pushing it. I could easily eat 2 lbs of meat a day. It's also not saying that you have to eat the meat raw... not sure if there's confusion there or not. Just that the meat weighs 2 lbs raw... will weight less cooked.

yeah, i should've saw that lol. also not sure if some of the creatine gets cooked out of the meat either tbh.

Quote by Dreadnought
not enough caffeine

my brother's preworkout has like 150mg, holy shite
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 12, 2016,
Page 1 of 2