So I've had a Big Muff Tone Wicker Pi for almost a year now, and I'm happy with it, but in the last few days it's developed this weird fault.

When it's on, it's absolutely fine, my whole signal works as it should. However, when I turn it on bypass it will randomly (usually more often than not now) bypass the unit, but my signal will be VERY weak. As in, my distorted tone turns to clean, and my clean tone just becomes inaudible quiet.

Now the real funny thing is, if I gently press the foot switch in, (without switching the fuzz on) I get my signal back, but when I let go, it goes back to being quiet.

I'm pretty sure this is something to do with the switch, but does anyone have any advice to offer before I take the unit apart?

I was actually thinking of upgrading to a Pharaoh fuzz soon anyway, so this may be a blessing in disguise?
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
Sounds like an issue with the pedal. First off I'd eliminate everything else from the signal chain and use new cables to hook up the big muff to make sure that is what is actually causing the problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not