Hi everybody!

I just replaced my EMG 81/85s with the 59 neck and JB bridge in my Schecter. I got new SD pots as well. I went off of the wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, 1 vol, 1 tone, and a 3 way switch. Got everything wired up, and clearly did something wrong. The neck pup sounds absolutely fine, and the middle position sounds fine as well, but the bridge position has a loud hum and the notes sounds very brittle and thin. I did some research, and I think that it is a grounding issue, but I can't seem to figure out where it is.

I feel like this is a common issue but I haven't been able to find a successful solution online yet. If anybody could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Gear:
2005 American Deluxe Strat
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
Can you take some clear pics of the wiring cavity? Could you also show us what diagram you used?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Here is a picture of the wiring, my solder game isn't too great:

http://imgur.com/IvPml8V

Here is the diagram I used:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2H_3G_1V_1T.jpg

I didn't follow the diagram completely because the 59 pickup doesn't have the common 5 wires. I just saw another diagram soldering the outer braid to the ground on the volume and the inner wire to the switch.

The white wire going from the tone pot to the bridge route is the ground to bridge, I had to drill into the bridge bushing cavity from the pup cavity.

Kevin I really appreciate the quick response, I hope this provides more clarity
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
O wow, look at that huge glob of solder on the selector switch. You might want to clean things up a bit and resolder everything. A cold solder joint could possibly be causing your issues, and judging from some of the joints I see I wouldn't be surprised if that is the problem.
Any tips on removing the solder? I could use more practice with this anyway
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
Sounds good! I'll stop and pick one up tomorrow and will post after I give it a go. Thanks again for the help
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
No problem. Good thing about wiring guitar electronics is there really isn't anything you can hurt that can't be replaced for a couple bucks.
So I went back and looked at some Youtube videos for proper solder technique, and redid all the joints. I'm still getting the same results. Is there a way I could wire the bridge pickup directly to the output, just to rule out that it isn't the pickup itself?
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
Yeah, just directly solder the pickup to the output jack. You could also just hold or clamp the wires to a guitar cable.
The black wire is the hot wire on Seymour Duncans, correct?
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
That is what it looks like according to their wiring diagrams.
Sounds like a grounding issue. EMG's don't need the bridge to be grounded, with you putting SD's in that's more likely the problem
Gear

B.C Rich Wave Signature
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Schecter BlackJack ATX FR
Schecter Omen 7

Bugera 6262 212
Blackstar ID15 TVP
I drilled a hole through the bridge pickup cavity to the hole where the bridge stud goes, and then fed a wire from the ground on the tone pot into the bridge stud hole. I'm still getting the same result.
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
You hooked up the bridge pickup straight to the jack and you were still getting these problems? It might be noisy/staticy hooked up that way, but the bridge pickup shouldn't sound weak. If the pickup sounds weak hooked up on its own then there is probably something wrong pickup.
Yeah I just wired the pickup directly to the jack and got the same issue. I guess I'll have to contact Seymour Duncan customer service and see what I can do

EDIT: I removed the tape from the red and white wires, and touched them to the ground joint on the volume pot, AND IT WORKED. I got the full humbucker when making this contact. I'm assuming that's the way I'm going to have to do it, but it goes against the wiring diagram. Could this be due to the 59's ground sleeve?
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite
Peavey 6505+ combo
Last edited by fenderfrenzy101 at Jan 16, 2016,
If you're grounding the red and white wires, the humbucker is coil-split. Not sure why it wasn't working before, maybe the red and white wires weren't making good contact.