Hey guys, just did my first cover on youtube and was hoping to get some feedback on the recording!

I was using a shure sm-57 for the guitar with 12th fret placement, but I feel like I should be able to get it to sound better. Maybe using the pickup as well and mixing both tracks?

Any tips of audio effects would also be appreciated. Used some noise removal, compression, eq and reverb on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJcmkARxXs

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJcmkARxXs
Last edited by fsherwani at Jan 14, 2016,
Beautiful voice and vibrato! To me the whole recording sounds great. If you could try to combine both the pickup of the guitar + sm-57 I think you would get a more full sound.

I personally would've liked to hear you sing the first verse down the octave. But nice voice and guitar playing! Keep up the good work.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694643
Thanks man. I'll try it out!

Responded to your post as well with some comments. Keep playing man you're great!
That was really good! You have a really good voice. Way better voice than me as I am only just starting out on singing.

I honestly can't think of anything to critique the sound quality. It sounds very professional and slick.

All I can see really is Nicely done. And thanks for leaving feedback on my beat it cover. I'll take your suggestions into consideration for future videos.
I don't know this song, but I knew from the first 10 seconds it was gonna be good! Good use of Falsetto. Did you record this live? or Pre tracked? I'd say definitely DI the guitar in addition to using an sm57. It helps give you a bigger sound for sure!
very nice cover ... great voice ! as mentionned before, in my opinion if you add the the sound coming from the pickup of the guitar to the one taken from the sm57 it will add more "body" to the guitar sound ... but only my opinion... other than that great performance!
Quote by 6metal6legend6
That was really good! You have a really good voice. Way better voice than me as I am only just starting out on singing.

I honestly can't think of anything to critique the sound quality. It sounds very professional and slick.

All I can see really is Nicely done. And thanks for leaving feedback on my beat it cover. I'll take your suggestions into consideration for future videos.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. They key to singing is to keep doing it and experiment and if you're looking for more specific improvement there are tons of exercises on the internet as well.

Quote by 6metal6legend6
I don't know this song, but I knew from the first 10 seconds it was gonna be good! Good use of Falsetto. Did you record this live? or Pre tracked? I'd say definitely DI the guitar in addition to using an sm57. It helps give you a bigger sound for sure!

Thanks! Both the guitar and vocals are live. It took me quite a few takes to get it right though! Yeah I'll definitely try adding that in. More mixing work but that's what you gotta do to make things sound nice.

Quote by 6metal6legend6
very nice cover ... great voice ! as mentionned before, in my opinion if you add the the sound coming from the pickup of the guitar to the one taken from the sm57 it will add more "body" to the guitar sound ... but only my opinion... other than that great performance!

Thank you! I'll definitely try it out and see how it sounds.
Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it.

And thanks for the tip! I'm going to try out a bunch of things with the guitar to try to get it to sound better. Will try the EQ you suggested too, always worth a shot.