Hey Guys

I bought a "Zoom ZFX Plugin"(with Zoom C5.1t Interface) some years ago. It´s basically Guitar Rig in cheaper (to a time when Guitar Rig 3 was current). I actually only really know Guitar Rig, Zoom and BIAS.

So yeah I was VERY new to guitar playing and bought that thing because a shop assistent told me to ^^ (sad but true)

Even though i couldn´t really use it, I still think it sounds really bad (payed 250€ for Software+Hardware). And i played it like 10 times since I got it

I downloaded Guitar Rig 5 Demo a few days ago to see what that sounds like with my Interface and it´s pretty ok I guess.

So now i´m a little frustrated with Effect Processors and want to hear if you think thats justified What are good options of them now? Is my Hardware shit? Or is it Zoom and Native Instruments? ^^

They kind of interest me now because i played a template where you had the sound of "Pull me under" Intro and it was alot of fun playing with that sound even though it wasn´t really good.

KTHXBYE
Last edited by slayer87lp at Jan 12, 2016,
Computer software results depend on a lot of things, including your skill in using it and the hardware you're using to listen to it. If you're evaluating on cheap computer speakers or four-buck ear buds, it's liable to sound like almost anything.

I have Native Instruments synths for my Korg Kronos keyboard and they're outstanding. I don't suppose they'd purposefully make cheap crap that would affect their reputation.
Quote by dspellman
Computer software results depend on a lot of things, including your skill in using it and the hardware you're using to listen to it. If you're evaluating on cheap computer speakers or four-buck ear buds, it's liable to sound like almost anything.

I got good Headphones thats not the problem
What do you mean by "good headphones"? Model?

What audio recording software do you use? I, for example have Ampire bundled in with mine (Studio One) and that has some decent to good models and it has a built in impulse response loader so you can download cabinet responses:
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/The_Working_Guitarist_All_About_Impulse_Responses

I also have Amplitube 3 which has some decent patches and if I don't like the cabs, I just chain IR loader and put in better IRs after their amplifier models.

I also use some freeware amps like LePou, FreeAmp 3, etc.
Here is a list of some:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/digital-recording-and-computers/best-freeware-guitar-amp-sim-256972/

I still haven't found a substitute to miking an amp and with these plugins and a sometimes using my Boss GT-10 processor I get pretty much decent results but in the end I just reamp and use real amps. It depends on what you want to hear really.
Last edited by diabolical at Jan 12, 2016,