Poll: Oly white or blue
Poll Options
View poll results: Oly white or blue
White
11 65%
Blue
6 35%
Voters: 17.
I think it's called mystic blue. It's not that common but I find it beautiful. I actually got the chance to play it in person at the store. The blue looks real nice in person. On the other hand. I also like the Olympic white. The last pic of the back of the white strat is what gets me. The white looks so beautiful in that one.can anyone who owns an oly white strat confirm that that's what it looks like in person? Or was it a camera focusing error? Does it look like the other pics that make it look more yellow? I didn't see the oly white strat. I'm assuming they just got it. They both have humbuckers in the bridge which I will replace with a fat 50 single coil and put the humbucker in my Ibanez. Only difference is the blue one has a single coil shaped hb. But I already have a converter plate from hb to sc size since before when I didn't have the money for a new guitar but wanted a single coil sound. If I get the white then I could just not use the converter plate and just drop the hb as is. But I'll need to buy a new pickguard for the slot.
http://www.musicgoroundgreenfield.com/p/417790/used-fender-american-standard-stratocaster
http://www.musicgoroundgreenfield.com/p/321362/used-fender-american-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar-white
Never seen an Olympic white in person. I feel like I want it because it's an iconic color that everyone has. Like owning a part of history. The white just screams American standard.But the blue isn't as common which also gets me wanting it. But isn't as common and don't really get the feel of American standard by looking at it
Last edited by GuitarNewbee at Jan 12, 2016,
I like the white.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
the white guitar will look the same as in the pic for the most part. newer white guitars take more time to yelow and even then it tends to be more subtle that old ones which got very yellow. depends on how much time in the light it spends.

the ony other real difference i see is that the white comes with a decent case. i'd try to see if they'd do it for $699 as the case came with the guitar to begin with and tehy didn't pay a dime extra for it.
doesn't matter what i think you are buying and playing it. when buying i go far more by how well the guitar plays and sounds than color. if i don't like the neck then color matters not i won't buy the guitar no matter how pretty. if you can play both then decide that way. since you played the blue and liked it then perhaps that is the way to go. you know what you are getting. see if they'll throw in a used case.
Pick which one YOU like the best. The blue is pretty nice, but I like both. The blue strat does have locking tuners as well. I am not a fan of HSS strats though so I would go blue. Both have rosewood boards which is a plus for me. But this is your money. Blue was cheaper so if I was on the fence I would go the cheaper one.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Jan 12, 2016,
White, then slap a tortoise pickguard on that thing and call it a day.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Wait until YOU can decide which colour YOU prefer and then buy that one
Blue!

You can get white Strats at every price point - that mystic blue is rarer, and much more exclusive to the American Standard Series (and now discontinued).
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
This is the Olympic White American Std I used to have.Wish i never sold it now.It was beautiful.

Hope it helps.Probably not the best lighting.
If you want a USA strat near Greenfield, go to Cream City or Wade's and play what they've got. Then go next month and do it again. Cream City turns over more USA Strats in a busy month than MGR does all year, there's no point in choosing between whatever two MIA Strats Music Go Round happens to have at the moment. Keep an eye on the CC website if it's not convenient to make trips. They'll work with you on price, just call and ask.

Last time I was in Cream City they had at least one used USA strat with Fat 50s already installed.

If you just want a cheap MIA strat, hang around on Craigslist and wait for a good deal. If you want a really good MIA strat, play whatever Cream City and Wade have in inventory (and the Brookfield GC while you're at it) and wait for something that jumps out at you.
Quote by Roc8995
If you want a USA strat near Greenfield, go to Cream City or Wade's and play what they've got. Then go next month and do it again. Cream City turns over more USA Strats in a busy month than MGR does all year, there's no point in choosing between whatever two MIA Strats Music Go Round happens to have at the moment. Keep an eye on the CC website if it's not convenient to make trips. They'll work with you on price, just call and ask.

Last time I was in Cream City they had at least one used USA strat with Fat 50s already installed.

If you just want a cheap MIA strat, hang around on Craigslist and wait for a good deal. If you want a really good MIA strat, play whatever Cream City and Wade have in inventory (and the Brookfield GC while you're at it) and wait for something that jumps out at you.

Ill check out the CC and wades for sure if they're not too far. Greenfield is already pretty far for me. I just so happen to work in the area and go there sometimes on break or if i take the morning shift at work. what do you mean by turns over?
I personally love the Olympic white, but only with a Maple fretboard. Of the two you chose the blue one is nicer imo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I have a mystic blue American Standard Tele and I love it. It is very pretty, especially in lighting. I have seen very few of them too, whereas I see lots of white. I love both colors but the "rarity" of the blue won me over.
Quote by GuitarNewbee
Ill check out the CC and wades for sure if they're not too far. Greenfield is already pretty far for me. I just so happen to work in the area and go there sometimes on break or if i take the morning shift at work. what do you mean by turns over?

Turns over = takes in and sells. They get a lot of inventory, and it tends to move quickly.