Overall Returns -89.37%

I did well last time

I may have to try again!
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I'm tempted to join but I know that doing so will distract me completely from finding a job
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193 at #33773582
I'm tempted to join but I know that doing so will distract me completely from finding a job

If you get good enough at stocks you won't need a job.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33773594
If you get good enough at stocks you won't need a job.

Somehow I doubt that life will give me a $100k starting budget though
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak

you should play and go all in with Che Guevara shirts/currency put options
I bare cba man. I tried to play the republics game once but deleted my account like 10 minutes later

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
In before I get very rich and crash the economy
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
last time I forgot half way through and ended with like $50 more than I started with I think. might he in anyway

lol @ dumb thumbs selecting the smile face
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33773616
I bare cba man. I tried to play the republics game once but deleted my account like 10 minutes later

But imagine the bantz if a commie won.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I got this, I saw a trailer for The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Where do I buy the cocaine and hookers?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
reminder bump that game starts tomorrow.

Didn't look at any of the newer 10-Ks coming out, but my stocks sound pretty aggro. Hoping to see some major upboats in this portfolio
Quote by JamSessionFreak

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
saving that shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
also possibly posting on fb tomorrow

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
#2 bitches, all about dem airlines benefitting from low oil prices innir
Quote by jakesmellspoo
>tfw Tesla and SolarCity are way in the red because the gov't is ruining muh free market
Quote by guitarxo
is it too late to join

nah, its set so you can join anytime I believe. You'll already be ahead of most of us rofl
I asked my economics-savvy bud about what sector I should invest in and he said a few different ones but I'm gonna put all my eggs in one basket anyway.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I have no idea how this works, so I just bought 69 shares each in a bunch of stuff.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I have no idea how this works, so I just bought 69 shares each in a bunch of stuff.

You take a weighted average of potential stock payoffs (probability of gain/loss x Rate of Return gain/loss) to get your Expected Rate of Returns, then figure out the standard deviations of the two stocks and pick the lower for a more conservative chance at making money, then figure out the Coefficient of Variations by dividing the standard deviations by the two Expected Rate of Returns to figure out the lower Co of V (lower ratio means better risk-return tradeoff),

then for your CAPM (capital asset pricing model), you compare the market premiums by taking the risk-free rate of return (whatever US Treasury bills are trading at) and compare it to the market (your beta coefficient) to get your required rate of return for investing in that, so:

Required ROR = free-risk + beta coefficient (market-risk - free-risk), and see if the stock is currently producing that ROR before purchasing it.

tl;dr: nobody knows... good strategy
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jan 21, 2016,
Tbh anybody can go all in on a random stock and hope they get lucky. I'm the highest ranked person with an actual portfolio get at me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Tbh anybody can go all in on a random stock and hope they get lucky. I'm the highest ranked person with an actual portfolio get at me.

pffft, random. my choice was the result of like 10 minutes of analysis. diversification is for chumps when the money's free.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Fat Lard
Highly irrational investment decision, seeing as Moe's is objectively better.

But: http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Fooled-by-Randomness-Role-of-Chance-in-Markets-and-Life-PROPER1.pdf

if this were an investment, sure. but the goal is to grow your capital as much as possible within a month. 20% in a month is pr good returns. if i was being safe, I'd just throw most of it into some S&P index fund and maybe a few ETFs and do just as well/better over time than most people who micromanage their shit anyway.
Quote by CrossBack7
if this were an investment, sure. but the goal is to grow your capital as much as possible within a month. 20% in a month is pr good returns. if i was being safe, I'd just throw most of it into some S&P index fund and maybe a few ETFs and do just as well/better over time than most people who micromanage their shit anyway.

True. justwanttosay who posts in the DT was the one that rec'd me that Fooled By Randomness book I posted there (which I'm just now starting out of boredom and putting off studies; guy is a phenomenal writer so far), but justwanttosay also gave me some tips about staying away from micro/small cap funds in favor or the larger ones.

I figured a bunch of random mid-cap stuff from a google search would be the best medium for 1/12-short-term investing and 'playing it safe'
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jan 21, 2016,
Page 1 of 3