Do we as a society critique edgy people too harshly?

Is there a limit to the edge, or is anything post-Bill Hicks even edge anymore? How can we as a species overcome the non-edgy, e.g the straight-edgers/uptight scientists/etc?
To be edgy, I think this topic is a bit bollocks and highly superfluous.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
It's a useful technique to practice that help you last longer in bed.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
It's a useful technique to practice that help you last longer in bed.

This is what I thought the thread was going to be about.

They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
also thought the thread was about wanking
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
This thread is too edgy for me.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I have to admit....."edging" has a different meaning to some of us. A more ..ahem..."adult" meaning!
Quote by whywefight at #33773820
Anyone have an example of edginess actually helping society

Reminding people that we live in a rough world and not everything can go you way.

i guess
in this context, i see "edge" as indulging in unrestrained, lazy cynicism. and that sort of edge is dumb/thoughtless. there's also the phenomenon where people tend to take the extreme sides of an issue (without acknowledging the inherent greyness in said issue), which I think can come off as edgy, as a lot of them are doing it for the sake of being contrarian. am i right in seeing "edge" this way? when I've criticized edginess, it's been for those sort of situations.

eh i can't remember what else i was gonna say
Anyone can become edgy. That is easy. But to be edgy with the right person to the right degree at the right time for the right purpose and in the right way, that is not easy
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Fat Lard
Do we as a society critique edgy people too harshly?

Is there a limit to the edge, or is anything post-Bill Hicks even edge anymore? How can we as a species overcome the non-edgy, e.g the straight-edgers/uptight scientists/etc?
I have a modest proposal. It's very edgy, I dunno if I should post it here.
Quote by RedDeath9
in this context, i see "edge" as indulging in unrestrained, lazy cynicism. and that sort of edge is dumb/thoughtless. there's also the phenomenon where people tend to take the extreme sides of an issue (without acknowledging the inherent greyness in said issue), which I think can come off as edgy, as a lot of them are doing it for the sake of being contrarian. am i right in seeing "edge" this way? when I've criticized edginess, it's been for those sort of situations.

eh i can't remember what else i was gonna say

That's pretty accurate. Might have some insight into why its called being 'edgy' (being on the 'edge' of a given thing)

Quote by Dirge Humani
i hear edging is bad for your prostate you probably shouldnt do it so much

need to do those kegels eh
Quote by seanlang01
I have a modest proposal. It's very edgy, I dunno if I should post it here.

Modesty is for fake, lame chumps. Let's see it!
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by chrismendiola at #33774058
TIL "edging" is a euphemism for jerking off.

Glad I'm not the only one who has never heard that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by chrismendiola
TIL "edging" is a euphemism for jerking off.

more specifically, jerking off without finishing for as long as possible.
It's not a euphemism. It's when you stop stimulating yourself right before orgasm in the hopes that it makes you last longer when in reality, all you need to do is PC muscle excercises (clenches for length/short, rapid bursts of clenches/slow build-up clenches where you pause right when you feel the PC muscle 'vibrating'/etc)

It (kegels) is also very effective for cutting off your urination before you are finished, in the case that you have to suddenly not do that for various reasons.
Quote by whywefight at #33773820

yea it makes u not give a FUCK about society which is whats best for society

v important to society
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by whywefight

Underrated post
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are