Page 1 of 8
Robot Wars is coming back to BBC2

Who was your favourite robot?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Razer was the coolest one

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Razer was the coolest one

Yeah but it's tail spike always got stuck, bad design choice although it was cool

I always liked the ridiculousness of hypnodisk too, it could really mess shit up
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Robot Wars is coming back to BBC2

Razor and Hypnodisk were ballers. Chaos 2 was pretty cool, but I always found something a little off with George Francis the pilot/builder. Mortis was pretty cool as well, even if it continuously failed to live up to expectation.
Razer beat like everything except Chaos 2 I think because Chaos 2 put some frame on it so Razor couldn't reach the main body it was the most boring fight ever

Fucking hell.

Wheely Big Cheese was God and you all know it.
Razor, Hypnodisc, Chaos II and that one that was just two wheels with a giant metal rod in between them.

I saw it live once in Nottingham Arena Teddybot got set on fire by Sgt Bash, it was a rate laugh.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Razer beat like everything except Chaos 2 I think because Chaos 2 put some frame on it so Razor couldn't reach the main body it was the most boring fight ever

Swear I've deffo seen Razor beat Chaos II, all you had to do was pierce his fibreglass back where the fire extinguisher was

I dunno why I keep calling it Chaos II when it says Chaos 2 on the front
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Jan 13, 2016,
I saw it live too in London, was absolutely amazing. Chaos 2 was showing off in the interval, flinging barrels up into the air, it took out one of the lights

Also tornado was built by some guys from huntingdon, my dad met them in the pub one time
Quote by RAB11
Fucking hell.

Wheely Big Cheese was God and you all know it.

Remember that launching one out of the arena, from the middle

Razer looked amazing, but the electronics always went wrong at some point. I think it won some world title, or European title though?
Tornado was the one that I hated because it beat Razer in the final and it annoyed me because it was just a stupid loophole they added

The real question we need answered is who is going to be the hot chick the nerds stare at while she interviews them about their robot?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Rachel from S Club

Or Caroline Flack

Myleene Klass

Ugh no she's a Tory twat

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Rachel from S Club

Or Caroline Flack

Whoever it is, as long as they're wearing a low cut top and lean forward to point out features on the robots(while the camera keeps boobs in frame), I'll be happy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
will they get johnathon pearce back just so we dont have to hear him commentating football anymore

Quote by Trowzaa
will they get johnathon pearce back just so we dont have to hear him commentating football anymore

https://youtu.be/HjIj_GlvLD4

The second greatest moment in commentary history behind Kammy not realising a player had been sent off.
Pitline technology

Did they actually press the button properly

The technology worked perfectly why is he so confused by it You believe both the replays you fucking twat. It wasn't a goal and then it was, why's that so hard to understand?

Cos he's a fucking mug

Quote by RAB11
https://youtu.be/HjIj_GlvLD4

The second greatest moment in commentary history behind Kammy not realising a player had been sent off.

This happened at the same time as that goal

Also Razer was my favourite, and Mortis i think
I totally forgot about the show until I saw this thread.

This hit hard in the nostalgia bone

Razer is just badass incarnate, in my opinion.
Chaos 2 was the best, because when I was growing up it was literally the only thing on TV to come out of my hometown.

I recently learned that the dude who built biohazard was Grant from mythbusters.
shunt was always my fav

wheely big cheese got cool points for the name tho
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Ro-Man Extension XJ-2
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I can't really remember any of the robots, it's been so long
I have nothing important to say
Razor was the best hands down.

My personal favourite was Hypno-Disk. It didn't win all the time but it f*cked sh*t up every time.

The one that I f*cking despised was the cheating one. I can't remember the name but it basically had a bunch of "optional extras" that the team would take on or off depending on who they are against. And when it came up against Razor in the final one year they attached a frame going around the whole body of the robot that was conveniently spaced so that Razor's razor couldn't actually reach the robot itself... It went to judges. Judges voted for the cheatbot.

I don't remember if they changed the rules after that but I hope they did.

EDIT:

Also I didn't really like the new (at the time) house robots. Mr Psycho and the dog whatever he was called. Up until then Sir Killalot was the big one, he was significantly larger and heavier than any of the others. Then they introduced Mr Psycho who was something like 4 times the weight of Sir Killalot. Which seemed a bit like overkill. He was like 750KG. Razer weighed 109Kg, and Razer was't exactly light.
Last edited by Random3 at Jul 7, 2016,