I am a beginner guitarist, and I am looking into buying some gear that would give me a Foo Fighters' tone. My budget is $500. What are some good pedals/amps/guitars I could buy that would be $500 or less together?
Buy a guitar with a humbucker, buy an amp, buy a distortion pedal, crank everything. Boom Foo Fighters
Quote by Bpetersen7
Buy a guitar with a humbucker, buy an amp, buy a distortion pedal, crank everything. Boom Foo Fighters

I don't know about that one.

TS, are you willing to buy used, or are you strictly looking new? The valvetronix wouldn't be a bad buy new, but you can a bit more bang for your buck on the used market.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain

I don't know about that one.

TS, are you willing to buy used, or are you strictly looking new? The valvetronix wouldn't be a bad buy new, but you can a bit more bang for your buck on the used market.
For around $200, for a beginner? If we want more amp budget we have to sacrifice guitar budget. The VT is the best thing I can think of, at least to get a VOX sound.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 13, 2016,
get a used Line 6 Flextone III ($175-$200) then get the best used guitar you can afford. You'll have good tone and incredible versatility for your budget

A used G&L ASAT Deluxe carved top, PRS SE or Epiphone LP standard would be my choices
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 14, 2016,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyEUwvO-Hg

Obviously this is probably going over your budget and there's the price difference between UK and wherever you are (I assume US) but it will give you an idea.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Jan 14, 2016,
Well, Dave plays a Gibson Trini Lopez, which very barebones is a semihollow with covered humbuckers, and Chris/Pat both play solid bodies with covered humbuckers.

Epiphone Dot- This one is very top of the line for Epiphone, and it costs a bit more than your average beginning guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-dot-electric-guitar?typeAheadRedirect=true

The Shifflet guitar (Tele) and Vox amp that Will Lane suggested are great options as well. The Dot and the Vox together creep up on $600 bucks, but if you can save a little extra and get the
Dot, that's a very Dave Grohl-esque guitar. Just make sure to plug in and crank the volume, and you'll be good
+1 on Sovaso suggestions. That's a nice combo for a lot of tones.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.