Alright so I recently, I got my hands on a beatiful custom painted, Ibanez Prestige 1570 lefty, with an Edge Pro trem. I've never had a trem system in a guitar of mine, so I was a little on the fence about getting it but it was only $280 so I just went for it. Anyways, I've had it setup or about two weeks now, and since I've been playing it, whenever I use the tremolo bar, the G slightly goes out of tune. And then there's time when the B string does as well! I've been playing it with the locking nut unlocked, so that the strings could stretch,(even when I do lock the nut the string(s) still go out of tune.) I freaking love this guitar, its a blast to play, I just wish it would stop going out of tune when I use the trem /: Should I just get a Tremolno to block the system to so I don't have to mess with it so much, or should I just give the strings a longer amount of time to stretch?
Unless you got some really bad strings they should be stretched plenty by now. Lock the nut. See how things go. If it keeps going out of tune, I'd add another spring to the trem.
Lock the nut down! It's never going to stay in tune without it locked. The edge pro is a great trem, it's very stable. I have a 1570 and I have no issues with it staying in tune.
Alright thanks guys. I'll try keeping the nut locked while I keep at it today, there is one thing though, the trem bar is a right handed one, this may sound a bit dumb(but again I'm still new to trem systems) would that affect it since its on a left handed bridge? Also, would string gauge affect the tuning stability in any way? I currently have the Ibanez in standard tuning with 9-46 strings, and I was wondering if it could have to do with the slight drops or rises in the tuning I'm having to deal with...
String gauge shouldn't have any effect. As long as your trem is more or less parallel to the body you should be ok.
Quote by dthmtl3
If it keeps going out of tune, I'd add another spring to the trem.

I don't think this is the issue but, if you take this route, bear in mind it will pull the bridge back and you may need to do a full set up.
Thanks for all the help everyone. I went ahead and locked the nut down a bit tighter(than I was doing before) last night, and its staying in tune perfectly now!
Quote by s0los
Thanks for all the help everyone. I went ahead and locked the nut down a bit tighter(than I was doing before) last night, and its staying in tune perfectly now!

For future reference, a good test when locking the nut is to lock it, pluck the strings behind the nut (between nut and tuning peg) then press the trem all the way down, and pluck the strings behind the nut again. if the pitch changes, the locking nut isnt tight enough
Quote by SpiderM
I don't think this is the issue but, if you take this route, bear in mind it will pull the bridge back and you may need to do a full set up.

Springs have zero to do with tuning stability. They only balance the trem against the string tension. If the trem is level and the guitar is in it's desired tuning, it's good. Adding springs will only screw things up.