Yes, the village idiot has another inquiry.

Okay, since I don't have one, that would be a good idea.
Now, I have been tuning, but I've been left with either Rocksmith--which is currently unavailable since the optical drive in my Xbox One has died (and is being sent in for repairs)--or the tuner in my Vypyr 30, which is okay, but I'd liked more accuracy than what it gives me.

I'd also like something with a metronome, unless that's a bad idea. I'm looking for something that's not a pedal right now, something maybe similar to the Korg CA-1, so I can see how close to being in tune I am. I'm not sure the clip-on Snark ones fit the bill. Also, unless there's a real benefit, I'm not seeing anything on Amazon (with a quick, uneducated glance) that warrants over $30 US.

I'm also looking at a book for guitar maintenance, since I'm going to be in the mess of it and don't mind it.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
For a book, Dan Erlewine's Guitar Player Repair Guide is invaluable:

http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Books/Guitar_Building_and_Repair_and_Setup_Books/Guitar_Player_Repair_Guide.html

As far as tuner's go I've had a korg ca-30 forever, I think I've only changed the battery like once. Good piece of kit.

Don't really know much about metronomes though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Boss metronomes are golden, +1 on the guitar repair book, I'm a fan of Sabine tuners, have had a STX-1100 for over a decade, kinda sad they went out of business. If you want pedal - look Korg or Fender. Rack tuners - Korg or Sabine are quite good.
Learn to tune by ear

Nah, there are plenty of good recommendations above. If you're in a rush, I'm sure you can find many functional tuner and metronome apps for your phone.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Tuners and metronomes aplenty for iPhone and Android...you might even pick up an older multitracker, drum machine, etc. that comes with metronome and/or drum beat and a tuner.
Boss Dr. Rhythm 880 for example does all that but is not cheap. Boss Micro Br does all that and is $60 used. There are some other Zoom, Korg units that also do it and might be a cheaper and better alternative. Personally, I find I play better with drums than with click.
If you're OK staying on PC you can also get Hydrogen (freeware drum machine), and there are some free tuner programs as well.
Quote by diabolical
Personally, I find I play better with drums than with click.
If you're OK staying on PC you can also get Hydrogen (freeware drum machine), and there are some free tuner programs as well.

What I like about custom drum tracks is that you can program a time signature or a tempo change pretty easily, practicing a prog song with a traditional metronome is a pain.

And I can vouch for hydrogen too. It kind of sucks as an actual recording tool, but it's great for fast, simple drum tracks.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here