Hello, everyone,
First of all, WOW! at all of the information that has been gathered here -- looks like a lot of work, and it's very informative. Lots of stickies!

So... I was diagnosed with cancer it will be three years ago in February. What a road that has been, and as a person who is relatively young and who has never smoked or anything, it was quite a shock. My mom, for example, has smoked since as far back as I can remember and thankfully has never had issues with cancer.

There were days when I was undergoing treatment that I wished I could sleep through it and wake up when it was done, but I have to say, it's been one of the best things that's ever happened to me because this journey has really helped me gain a refreshing perspective on the present, priorities in my life and, well, myself. I'm a mom who's spent the majority of my life -- as most moms do -- putting all of my efforts into other people. While I still believe that is one of the most important things I can do for my family, I also think it's necessary for me to refuel myself, and my favorite way to do that is to sing and play the piano. There just seems to be an energy that's gained from listening to, playing and/or singing music; it's the language of the soul that can be spoken no other way.

Me, being who I am, approach pretty much everything head on and give 110% of myself to seeing it through and doing it as best I can. That being said, I'm not looking to break into the music industry or anything, but I do want to improve my singing voice -- it really needs a lot of improvement! When I was in school I participated in singing competitions and had a voice coach, but that was many, many years ago. So it would be really nice if I could figure out how/when to get access to the area of the forum to provide link(s) to audio and then hopefully receive some feedback so that I can find ways to improve and possibly, if it becomes decided, find someone local for lessons.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your time!
Quote by vamar
Welcome!
I'm new here too.

Let me be the first to welcome you, then, Vamar! Best of luck!

And thank you.
Aw, thanks for welcome! I wasn't including that info to be a downer or anything, though. It's really all good, and I'm glad to be on this side of the experience with the ability to reflect and make my life more real. That's what it's all about, right?
Welcome to the site, Willow. My condolences for you. Hope there are many better times ahead for you. My older brother didn't make it from his cancer when he was much younger, but glad to see someone has been able to at least cope with it, if that makes any sense. We will do our best to be one of the best sites we can be ^_^