Quote by fiziali
I am trying to buy this les paul but apparently i can't find any of the epiphones to have a headstock like this one has. I will need some help to know if is a fake. http://imgur.com/sUE0Qxy
http://imgur.com/l48pse0
thank you. let me know if this kind of headstock does exist in epiphone series

It's fake, epiphone has never made a headstock like that (that I'm aware of)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 14, 2016,
Quote by fiziali
thank you rob. man you're fast

yeah that is deff not a headstock they have ever used. the closest was the Elitist/Elite models

which i8s different from your pic
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by fiziali
I am trying to buy this les paul but apparently i can't find any of the epiphones to have a headstock like this one has. I will need some help to know if is a fake. http://imgur.com/sUE0Qxy
http://imgur.com/l48pse0
thank you. let me know if this kind of headstock does exist in epiphone series

why would someone want to fake a cheap copy guitar ? Second hand epi les pauls are a dime a dozen
Quote by adetheheat
why would someone want to fake a cheap copy guitar ? Second hand epi les pauls are a dime a dozen

Because you can make a crappy LP for 50€, sell it for 150€ and the clueless guy who bought it will think he got a great deal. Fake Epis have been around for a long while, and the sellers prey on beginners, who won't know a decent Epi from a crappy copy.
Quote by TheQuailman
Because you can make a crappy LP for 50€, sell it for 150€ and the clueless guy who bought it will think he got a great deal. Fake Epis have been around for a long while, and the sellers prey on beginners, who won't know a decent Epi from a crappy copy.

yea like me lol
Quote by fiziali
yea like me lol

You were cautious enough to ask others.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My first experience with a fake was an Epiphone Zakk Wylde LP Custom I got of Ebay. The pictures were legit, the guitar that showed up was not, but I could see how it might fool someone who didn't know much.

Copies of cheaper guitars is probably more common than you think, selling an expensive knock off too low will alert buyers that something is off, selling it at 'real' price would bring people in the know into the market and they would identify it as fake. With a knock off of a mid-range guitar you can sell it for a decent price (considering it was made cheap) without having to be ridiculously low or venturing into the more discerning buyer market.
Quote by adetheheat

Such logic is why fake Epis exist in the first place.

If nobody thinks they'd ever bother to fake one, they'll make the assumption that all Epiphones out there are real.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 14, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Such logic is why fake Epis exist in the first place.

If nobody thinks they'd ever bother to fake one, they'll make the assumption that all Epiphones out there are real.

Simple answer to that. Don't buy epiphones. They suck anyway. lol.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123

wow your a bright one aren't you

what's in your arsenal?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by crackerjack123

I've got an Epiphone LP that beats most Gibson LP's I have played that cost 10x as much.
You have no clue.
Or you're just a corksniffer.
I agree about the cork sniffing, headstock snobs that can't imagine an Epiphone being nearly as good as its Gibson counterpart. I have a Gibson LP that I have owned for many years and my Epiphone LP 1960 Tribute is as good if not in some respects a better sounding and feeling guitar than the Gibson.

Maybe it's good that there is so much of this fan boy stuff. It keeps Epiphone prices on the low side for players who listen with their ears and not their eyes.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 15, 2016,
Quote by adetheheat

If you find the answer to why it is easier to spread fake $20 bills then $200 bills
you might get it....
Quote by CodeMonk
Hey paruwi.
Hell, never seen you around here before.
But then again, I don't go to this sub-forum that much.

Hi Rob,
I am not much active here at this place......
feeling much more comfortable at those other places....