Hi there , Im new to here . im a be-gainer . i recently obsessed with playing a song , i practice it everyday and i came little long on that tab until i reached this point .

i know both hammer on's and pull off's . but this is different . can anyone guide me how to play this ?

this is from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsEofMzxTQQ

he plays this at 1:19 .

Last edited by coolfuturefbiagent at Jan 14, 2016,
I think the 0 with the horizontal paranthesis just means you hold the note out for that beat
So the first 4 notes are Eighth Notes, then two 32nds, and then a 16th that's held for an extra Eighth
Something like that at least. The meaning is right but idk if I have the proper note counts, I know nothing about theory
It is just a 'tie'. The note is played for the duration of all notes in the tie ie as teleobrien says an eigth and a sixteenth ( or a dotted quaver)
Quote by teleobrien
I think the 0 with the horizontal paranthesis just means you hold the note out for that beat
So the first 4 notes are Eighth Notes, then two 32nds, and then a 16th that's held for an extra Eighth
Something like that at least. The meaning is right but idk if I have the proper note counts, I know nothing about theory

thanks man
Quote by whirlpool
It is just a 'tie'. The note is played for the duration of all notes in the tie ie as teleobrien says an eigth and a sixteenth ( or a dotted quaver)

thank you ,i will practice more
Yeah, from what it sounds like, it's a simple tie where the note is held for however long the tie goes. On the plus side, very nice song to try and fingerpick on. Plucking with an actual pick tends to result in a mismash of different notes at once on that song, at least for me. Kinda wish I kept on not biting my fingernails over and over, then start biting, then not bite again. Vicious cycle at that. Best of luck with it.