I bought Rocksmith 2014 last year for my old PS3. I got a PS4 last month and saw Rocksmith 2014 was available for PS4. What's more, apparently Playstation Store recognizes that I have bought 22 "DLC items".

Here's the question: Do I have to buy RS2014 for PS4 now, or will I be able to download it off the cloud. Seemingly the DLC stuff carries over. Also will I be able to use the same guitar cable that plugged into my PS3?
You might have better luck getting an answer at a /r/rocksmith or something. This isn't really a guitar related question and is more gaming hardware related.

If you're asking "Will Rocksmith be a digital download and can I buy it again" then probably yes. If you're asking "Will my PS3 version of Rocksmith work on my PS4?" then the answer is no or not yet because backwards compatibility isn't fleshed out yet IIRC.

Now here's where it gets a bit funky, if you purchased previous DLC for the games, you can import those songs into RS2014 but you still need a copy of RS2014 and if you want it on PS4 you will need a PS4 version (could be wrong though, I don't play rocksmith).

As for the cables, yes your PS3 cable should work with the PS4. They're supposed to be universal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No problem.

If you need to ask a few more questions, the guys in the gaming thread might be able to help out with gaming and console related questions. The Rocksmith Reddit would also be a good place to check.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.