http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35309195

I don't know much about this. I just got a text about the situation from someone I know who works near one of the attack sites. Feel free to post updates or more info etc.

Also Mistress_Ibanez was going there or is there already or something - hope you're alright.

Apparently people in the surrounding region (Singapore/Malaysia) are being told what to do when, not if, there is a terrorist attack in the near future....I hope this is just a precaution and is not based on knowledge of concrete plans.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 14, 2016,
ISIS are really putting in work.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
My History teacher from High School's on holiday in the area at the moment. Scary stuff.
Quote by guitarxo
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35309195

I don't know much about this. I just got a text about the situation from someone I know who works near one of the attack sites. Feel free to post updates or more info etc.

Also Mistress_Ibanez was going there or is there already or something - hope you're alright.

Apparently people in the surrounding region (Singapore/Malaysia) are being told what to do when, not if, there is a terrorist attack in the near future....I hope this is just a precaution and is not based on knowledge of concrete plans.

I'm not currently in Indonesia but thanks for thinking of me

This whole situation looks dreadful.
Quote by RAB11
My History teacher from High School's on holiday in the area at the moment. Scary stuff.

Yeah, even those who are in the area and safe have had their lives turned upside down by this. I hope he's okay.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I'm not currently in Indonesia but thanks for thinking of me

This whole situation looks dreadful.

That's good to hear hope it doesn't upset your travel plans too much
cat
State of this world..
I see this news and don't bat an eyelid. Should be shocking but.. isnt
I can't say it was shocking at all because I kept hearing about Indonesian terror threats and escaped terrorists and crackdowns on terror groups throughout my life in Singapore. Most of them were affiliated with the JI (Jemaah Islamiah) group.

But it is very sad that this has happened.
cat