I bought an Epiphone SG G-400 guitar for the sole purpose of building a stickerbombed guitar (covering the entire guitar with stickers). I disassembled the guitar and have all the parts polished out. I am doing the body and head in all craft brewery stickers. Plan on leaving the neck completely free from stickers as i want this to be a good playable guitar. I have enough to overlap and ensure there is complete coverage.

Question: Has anyone here done this and if so any tips or things to watch out for before i start?

- Before it gets posted, yes i realize this isn't for everyone so please don't flame me for the project. i have a bunch of really nice guitars and every now and then i do something odd or different as a project (ex. swirling, insane modding, etc...).
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
one friend i used to talk to in australia did this a few years back on an LTD Forest ( f-series) guitar

but sticker bombing i've worked on a few peoples guitars that had it done. I am way too picky with stickers but this turned out cool he actually traced and cut everything out of that material. i forget if it was vinyl or what.
My 1st guitar I still have and most of the stickers are from my teens and I leave them just because.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My strat copy used to be red and covered with stickers. I refinished it a couple years ago in a greenburst.
Now I'm thinking maybe I need to do this with my schecter.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
If you want the stickers to stay on, clearcoat over them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You might consider doing a vinyl wrap before you put the stickers on. That way you can easily remove them should you decide to do so in the future.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You might consider doing a vinyl wrap before you put the stickers on. That way you can easily remove them should you decide to do so in the future.

Even better, get a vinyl wrap that has all of the stickers printed on it. It'll cost you $35-40 and won't ruin the paint the way stickers will. Your guitar will LOOK like a 13-year-old has been at it, but you'll be able to safely remove it at a later date and you'll still have the stickers (if you save them).

Vinyl wrap is the same stuff they wrap Lamborghinis in to change the color, add graphics, etc. It's tough stuff and relatively easy to apply and remove, but it won't come off under normal driving ....er... playing. You can peel off the wrap and apply another one and keep doing that as much as you like. I have one friend who seems to have a new guitar for various holidays, but it's all vinyl wraps.

www.axewrap.com , www.axewraps.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLV5wA8XGY
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you want the stickers to stay on, clearcoat over them.

Thanks, i never thought about doing a clear over them. I was just going to leave them on the top but i guess it makes sense to clear them if i want them to hold up.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.