Hi all,

So ive finally managed to start my transition from Multi fx to pedals. Can someone let know which order I should put these pedals in?

wah
compressor
noise gate
chorus
amp sim
overdrive
delay
mod ( flanger etc)

if I were to add a distortion at a later date, where would that go in the chain?

Thanks guys.

Lee
Generally speaking, and this isn't a steadfast rule, all time based effects and modulation go through the fx loop (provided you have one). Everything else can be out front. I normally put my wah/volume pedal first in the chain, then distortions/fuzz then OD. There are probably better ways of doing it, but this has done the trick for me.

Sometimes I play around and put "x" pedal here and there just to see how it alters tone. Ideally, just play around and see what best fits your sound.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by Tayron27
Hi all,

So ive finally managed to start my transition from Multi fx to pedals. Can someone let know which order I should put these pedals in?

wah
compressor
noise gate
chorus
amp sim
overdrive
delay
mod ( flanger etc)

if I were to add a distortion at a later date, where would that go in the chain?

Thanks guys.

Lee
Wah > Compressor > Gate > Overdrive > Amp Sim > Chorus > Mods > Delay
Quote by bobafettacheese
Generally speaking, and this isn't a steadfast rule, all time based effects and modulation go through the fx loop (provided you have one). Everything else can be out front. I normally put my wah/volume pedal first in the chain, then distortions/fuzz then OD. There are probably better ways of doing it, but this has done the trick for me.

Sometimes I play around and put "x" pedal here and there just to see how it alters tone. Ideally, just play around and see what best fits your sound.

Pretty much.

Also, on a side note and if you've never tried it, try running your OD into your fuzz. You can get some interesting effects by hitting the fuzz with an OD.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Also, on a side note and if you've never tried it, try running your OD into your fuzz. You can get some interesting effects by hitting the fuzz with an OD.

Sometimes I like to use the OD for a bit more punch in solos, etc. When I got a fuzz, I found that I have to have the OD in front of it, which works nicely. After it was just a mess.
Do you have an FX loop on the amp? If so, put your delay, chorus and mod in there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
try modulation in front of the amp too in case you prefer it there. it's not such a hard and fast rule with modulation- it tends to sound subtler in front of the amp and more exaggerated in the loop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A lot depends on your amp. Discounting your amp sim, which I'm not familiar with, I would go compressor-overdrive-distortion-wah (I find if you put the wah first it cuts out too quickly, let some pedals feed it a bit and you'll get more swell, if that makes sense)-mod-chorus-delay. As far as the noise gate is concerned, they suck the hell out of your tone. If you have noise issues there are better solutions.
Black Cat