The lick what I mean is this:

E||--12--15--12------12-----------------||
B||-----------------15------15--12--15--||
G||----------------------------------------||
D||----------------------------------------||
A||----------------------------------------||
E||----------------------------------------||

and the fingering is 1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3

Detail: This lick is very fast and is repeated several times, one note ringing per time and its played on distortion.

EDIT:

Actually, my question is regarding of this part of that lick:

E||--------12------12-----------||
B||------------15---------------||
G||-----------------------------||
D||-----------------------------||
A||-----------------------------||
E||-----------------------------||

Should i keep my finger on the 12 fret or release when i play 15?

Thanks.
Last edited by r75x at Jan 14, 2016,
Theirs a couple of ways you could play it. You could your 1st finger barring the first two strings. I personally wouldn't but everyone's different. You could pick Every note or hammer on some or what I like to do is pick the 1st string with my finger. Ultimately you want to play it everyday possible, but do what feels the easiest.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
I have to mention that this lick is played with distortion.
Don't barre the 12th fret with your first finger while playing this lick, if that's what you're asking.

Use your first finger on or above the 12th fret E when playing the first 5 notes.
Obviously if you're playing the 12th E, fret it, and if you're not, release and hover it above the fret.

Then when playing the last 3 notes, do the same thing w/ the B string. Let me know if that's not clear and I'll try to rephrase.
Actually, my question is regarding of this part of that lick:

E||--------12------12-----------||
B||------------15---------------||
G||-----------------------------||
D||-----------------------------||
A||-----------------------------||
E||-----------------------------||

Should i keep my finger on the 12 fret or release when i play 15? (on distortion)
Wouldn't it be easier to bar the 12th fret and stretch to the 15th with your pinkie? Not trying to argue with you Ryan, just curious as to why.
Quote by TobusRex
Wouldn't it be easier to bar the 12th fret and stretch to the 15th with your pinkie? Not trying to argue with you Ryan, just curious as to why.

Yes, it's easier, but the notes will ring into each other, which is normally not what you want in a lick like this. Also, with this type of lick, I think it's beneficial to use your ring (3rd) finger rather than your pinky to fret the 15th. Reason being, the 3rd finger is a lot more beneficial for bends, which you'll frequently encounter in licks like these (box 1 pentatonic licks).

TS, for the 12e, 15b, 12e lick, it works just like I said above. If you want the notes to ring into each other, keep your finger on the 12th fret. If you don't, remove it ever so slightly and hover it above the e string 12th fret while you're not playing the note.
Last edited by RyanMW2010 at Jan 14, 2016,
I tried it a few times and I found myself barring the 12 fret and my ring or pinky (I tried both) would mute the e string whenever I played the 15 on the b.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I tried it a few times and I found myself barring the 12 fret and my ring or pinky (I tried both) would mute the e string whenever I played the 15 on the b.

Yeah I do this as well,

For your
--12------12--|
-------15 -----|

question, I would definitely mute the 12. If you let it ring, the 15 will sound dirty with it. Unless you want dirty. Just throw some style into it and It'll sound better than if you don't.
E||--12h-15p-12------12-----------------||
B||-----------------15------15p-12h-15--||
G||-----------------------------------------||
D||-----------------------------------------||
A||-----------------------------------------||
E||-----------------------------------------||

start by keeping your first finger on the high e 12th fret
pick the first note with a downstroke (high e 12th fret) upstroke the b string 15th fret
downstroke the high e again upstroke the b string 15th fret (while changing your index to the b string 12th fret) then you restart the lick on a downstroke on the high e 12th fret.
played like this should give you a continuous pattern and tons of speed!
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Jan 15, 2016,