So I've worked out a bit of it from watching them live but yeah I suck at this. And I've searched online and no one, absolutely no one, has done a bass tab for this song. It's an awesome power pop song off their classic Bandwagonesque LP from 1991.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out here.

Cheers!
Here's how I'm hearing it up to the bridge. after that the bassist kinda goes off on one

First verse (bass enters @00:11)

G-----7------7----7------7------------------------------------------------
D----------------------------5-4-------------------------------------------
A--5---5-5----5---5-5-----------7-5--------------------------------5-5-
E------------------------------------------5-5-0-2-3-3---5-5-0-2-------

"If these things make your day"

G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-2-2-2-2-------------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-------------------------------------------
E------------3-3-3-3------------------------0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

"seen it all before"

G----------------------------------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-
E-3-3--3-5-5----3-3---3-5-5---3-3--3-5-5----------------------

The bridge you could get away with something like this

G------------------------------------------------------------------------
D------------------------------12-----------12------------------------
A--------------9--10---12--------10--12------10--12--10-------
E----10--12-----------------------------------------------------10

well, anyways, good luck
Wow thanks. Much better than I could've come up with. I've tried watching them perform live on youtube and just can't get it. I appreciate your take on the first verse and I will try that. But from youtube it looks like fret-wise he starts around 5 then goes down to 1 and 3 before the climb back up for the little riff at the end. So you've got the riff on the low string and towards end of fret board but in concert it looks like he is on 2nd and 3rd string and around the 7th and 9th fret. Hmmmmmm. This is why this song has frustrated me so. But I will try your way and see if I can get it. Thanks again!