I'm still planning to own one in the near-future for my musical dream & career. I want to own a Schecter guitar just to play hard rock/metal music on it. Well, just for different sounds, so I'm interested to do so. However, I'm thinking about these Schecter guitars I need to choose one if you want to look at:

C-1 FR Platinum Electric Guitar Translucent Red for $600

Damien Platinum 6 with Floyd Rose Electric Guitar Satin Black for $650

Hellraiser C-1 FR Electric Guitar Black Cherry for $900

Feel free to help me out if you are interested. I'll be here and looking forward to hear your thoughts! Thank you!!!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Hellraiser. better quality floyd and overall a better quality guitar. you may want to look used to save a few bucks.
Quote by monwobobbo
Hellraiser. better quality floyd and overall a better quality guitar. you may want to look used to save a few bucks.

I'm not interested in used. Sorry, I despite buying used product (video games from Gamestop, Guitar Center, etc.) because of issues.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
So much for my ideas, then.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Hal-Sephira
I'm not interested in used. Sorry, I despite buying used product (video games from Gamestop, Guitar Center, etc.) because of issues.

ok but teh Hellraiser will cost you 2-300 more tha the other options. since it's the best choice i just figured that perhpas saving the money would be good. if you're worried then make sure you can play the guitar (and of course see it) before buying. your $ though so if new then there you go.
Definitely the hellraiser, purely because of the Floyd Rose actually being decent quality. The other 2 have the floyd rose "special" which is trash
The Hellraiser, Blackjack and Banshee lines, along with the variations within them, are the highest end guitars Schecter makes, outside of a few artist signature models, and the MUCH higher end USA Custom Shop models. Also, there's usually a few models any given year in the "Custom" and/or "Special" lines that are up there in material and hardware quality with the Hellraisers and such. They do a very good job of pricing their guitars in line with what you're getting. So if you're looking at any two Schecters (new, retail pricing, obviously), the more expensive one is definitely the better guitar, in one way or another.

I've got a Hellraiser, Hellraiser Hybrid, and a C-1 Classic. All three were in the $900-$1000 range new, and are glorious guitars. The Hellraiser has a Floyd and was my first guitar. It's 10 years old now and still plays like a dream. And the Floyd still works smooth as the day I bought it.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at Jan 16, 2016,
Quote by the_bi99man
The Hellraiser, Blackjack and Banshee lines, along with the variations within them, are the highest end guitars Schecter makes, outside of a few artist signature models, and the MUCH higher end USA Custom Shop models. Also, there's usually a few models any given year in the "Custom" and/or "Special" lines that are up there in material and hardware quality with the Hellraisers and such. They do a very good job of pricing their guitars in line with what you're getting. So if you're looking at any two Schecters (new, retail pricing, obviously), the more expensive one is definitely the better guitar, in one way or another.

I've got a Hellraiser, Hellraiser Hybrid, and a C-1 Classic. All three were in the $900-$1000 range new, and are glorious guitars. The Hellraiser has a Floyd and was my first guitar. It's 10 years old now and still plays like a dream. And the Floyd still works smooth as the day I bought it.

Yes, I like the C-1 classic. Sometimes you see them going for such a low price used. That guitar has a great hard rock sound in the selector bridge position and a really cool coil tap sound in the second position IMHO. That second selector tap position might be a unique sound to that guitar. Other guitars I have (one with duncans) and with taps do not produce that sound. The only thing I don't like about it is my nuckles tend to bang the pickups sometimes and I get a blister.
I got my C-1 Classic used. $200. Nearly mint condition. An absolute steal. And yeah, that coil split sound in the second position is fantastic. It's not unique to that guitar, but it does require those same pickups (JB/Jazz set) with a 5-way megaswitch. It's not super common, but not unheard of, either.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by the_bi99man
I got my C-1 Classic used. $200. Nearly mint condition. An absolute steal. And yeah, that coil split sound in the second position is fantastic. It's not unique to that guitar, but it does require those same pickups (JB/Jazz set) with a 5-way megaswitch. It's not super common, but not unheard of, either.

You got that guitar for $200? That is incredible. I payed about $450.00 for mine with case about 5 years ago off e-bay. Just an amazing guitar for the money.

Yesterday I was comparing it to my brand new ESP E-II Horizon III (hardtail). The Horizon III costs about $1500 new, but my wife snagged it for me for $1300. The design of the Classic and the Horizon III are very close, so I decided to do a side-by-side comparison.

I was impressed at how well the Classic held up. It actually has a slightly beefier tone than the Horizon, and is slightly heavier due to the Mahogany body. But all that said, the differences were subtle, not glaring. The classic is one of the best used guitar buys out there in my opinion.
Hell yeah it is. They're everywhere. I think the only thing that's even a potential downside is that a lot of people aren't into the really intricate and flashy fretboard inlay. I love it, but I can understand when others don't.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
If you can stretch your budget just a BIT more there is this option. Compared to the standard Hellraiser you'd be getting an Ebony fingerboard, and a satin finish as well as a faster feeling neck (because of the satin finish). I've played the flamed maple fingerboard variant of this model and it's one of my favorite's out there in terms of appearance and playability.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-HRC1FREXE-CRB?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&gclid=CNyfs6uDs8oCFQ2HaQodnCUNOw
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I'm still thinking the Hellraiser one because of better quality and is a replay value I've heard. I guess you guys are right. I'm definitely getting one later this year.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
I like the schecter tempest personally
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by the_bi99man

Hell yeah first run hellraiser, got mine in October 05, been a great guitar.

Out of those I'd say hellraiser, it's a beast of a guitar, you won't be disappointed at all
Agile AL-3110 Tiger Eye
Schecter C-1 Exotic Star Snow Leopard
Schecter C-1 Classic Blue
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser T-O-M BC
LTD EC-1000 Bright Blue Flame
Bugera 333xl
Laney GH-100L
Laney LC30-II 112
Laney GS212PE w/ V30s
Genz Benz G-Flex 412
Quote by The_Sh0T

Out of those I'd say hellraiser, it's a beast of a guitar, you won't be disappointed at all

I have a C-1 from 2005 and the neck is significantly thinner than my friends hellraiser that is a 2014 I believe. I'm wondering if all of the older C-1's had a thinner neck. Have you noticed yours was any different than a current C-1?
I have a 2014 Hellraiser C-1 FR in white. I love the guitar, so much bang for buck. I also have a 2010 hellraiser deluxe in the crimson red, if I didn't already own a red Schecter I probably would have bought the Red C-1. The binding on the C-1 looks really good too.

+1 on the neck pick up coil tap, sounds great when I do some solo/lead stuff.
Not that I've noticed but wasn't really looking for it, next time I go to the shop I'll check it out. I know my other schecters have a bit thinner neck at the nut than the hellraiser. The classic and the exotic are an 07 and 08
Agile AL-3110 Tiger Eye
Schecter C-1 Exotic Star Snow Leopard
Schecter C-1 Classic Blue
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser T-O-M BC
LTD EC-1000 Bright Blue Flame
Bugera 333xl
Laney GH-100L
Laney LC30-II 112
Laney GS212PE w/ V30s
Genz Benz G-Flex 412
Quote by J_W
I have a C-1 from 2005 and the neck is significantly thinner than my friends hellraiser that is a 2014 I believe. I'm wondering if all of the older C-1's had a thinner neck. Have you noticed yours was any different than a current C-1?

My Hellraiser C-1 and my C-1 Classic have the exact same neck. They're from 2006 and 2005. I've compared them with new models, and it feels about the same. It's their standard "Thin C" shape. It is possible that your C-1 has a slightly different shape, as "C-1" only refers to the body shape, not the specific product line. And back then, they didn't do as good of a job of differentiating their model names as they do nowadays. So yeah, depending on exactly which C-1 model it is, it might not have the "Thin C" neck. If you're super curious, you can download a PDF of their 2005 catalog from Schecterguitars.com and look for your guitar. Should have the full specs.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by The_Sh0T

Hells yeah. Mine is from 2006, which was first run for the Floyd-Equipped version. Gloss black. From back when they still had black hardware, too. And the abalone binding was only around the outer edge, so the top is just solid black. Super brutal. Love it.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
A lot of my ish is over 30 years old and it kicks butt?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I'm definitely about to be getting Hellraiser one later year. Thank you guys for your good thoughts on Schecter guitars! Much respect!!!
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
I currently own 14 guitars and all but one of them were purchased used, some from friends, some from pawn shops and several from Guitar Center so I had the chance to play them all prior to committing.

I checked with the pawn shops prior to buying and all of them had 30 day return policy, Guitar Center has 30 day returns no questions asked, I have bought and returned around 6 or 7 used guitars from GC with, like they said, no questions asked.

You really can get more for your money buying used and with 30 days to play and decide you really can't go wrong.

I guess it's a matter of preference but I know that if I had bought only new instruments my collection would be much lower in quality for the amount that I spent.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I currently own 14 guitars and all but one of them were purchased used, some from friends, some from pawn shops and several from Guitar Center so I had the chance to play them all prior to committing.

I checked with the pawn shops prior to buying and all of them had 30 day return policy, Guitar Center has 30 day returns no questions asked, I have bought and returned around 6 or 7 used guitars from GC with, like they said, no questions asked.

You really can get more for your money buying used and with 30 days to play and decide you really can't go wrong.

I guess it's a matter of preference but I know that if I had bought only new instruments my collection would be much lower in quality for the amount that I spent.

Same here, out of all the guitars that I have, I think only 4 of them were new. I don't understand why you would despise used models.

Anyway, I own a Hellraiser, the Classic and a CSH-12 and they are all really great guitars. I would've traded in the Hellraiser for the Extreme with maple board but the combination that I was looking for was impossible to find(maple fretboard with the quilt maple top). Loved the look of the Hellraiser with the maple neck.
I have a Hellraiser C1-FR and I love it. I bought it used but it's in mint condition. I was looking at a new one but came across this one and got it for $375. Couldn't be happier with it.
Another C1 Hellraiser fan here. I bought mine used as well for about 1/2 of the cost of a new one. Mine is from 2008 IIRC and plays fantastic. It is one with the thicker neck, but it is not really any fatter than my American Strat.
Quote by Jeffh40
Another C1 Hellraiser fan here. I bought mine used as well for about 1/2 of the cost of a new one. Mine is from 2008 IIRC and plays fantastic. It is one with the thicker neck, but it is not really any fatter than my American Strat.

Not sure of the year of mine. Haven't tried to figure it out. I have always loved the looks of LP's but after buying my schecter, my whole love of guitar style changed. Definitely a shred style dc guitar guy now. On top of that it feels so much better than my epi lp, but it's all a personal preference on what truly fits you!