Page 1 of 3
Eminem and Jay-Z are my top choices, but I guess rappers Eminem makes absolute shit. 2002 was sort of that breaking point. Jay-Z is more consistently inconsistent. As in, there's no point where the quality ever really predominately changed. Every era of Jay-Z has garbage and gems.

I'll post examples and come up with more later.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Muse. They have Knights of Cydonia and then a whole lot of crap
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Bowie
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa at #33777929
Bowie

His death is why I came up with the idea for this thread. Plenty of people think he's got an overall stellar discography. I've never actually listened to Bowie. If I have, I didn't know it.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Muse - I really like Origin, Absolution, and Black Holes, but the rest gets progressively worse

Weezer - Love Blue Album and Pinkerton, and everything else is so shit that those two almost seem like mistakes at this point

M.I.A. - What even is MAYA?

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs and Funeral are two of my favorite albums ever. Neon Bible is good. Reflektor is one of the worst albums I've ever listened to

Rise Against just got worse and worse

The Strokes
Mastodon
Modest Mouse
The Fall of Troy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 14, 2016,
Quote by whywefight at #33777946
Honestly I think every Modest Mouse album is about half of some the best music I've ever heard and half of just terrible terrible music

Yea, this is probably more true then just overall albums. There's none that I like all the way through but they all have good songs
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
rolling stones
the beatles
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny at #33777960
the beatles

Ooh, good one. The Beatles made great pop music but also made shitty wannabe Eastern wonkiness.
Free Ali
Free Lard
zeppelin

chicago
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by the_white_bunny at #33777960
rolling stones

yea they have like two good songs and a million bad ones
Yea the rolling stones have some really good songd but I can't sit through an entire album
___

Quote by The_Blode
mewithoutYou
Muse
I think Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired by Joyce Manor is far worst than the first and third albums
Kanye West
MGMT
My Chemical Romance
Pain Of Salvation
Tom Waits ( which is understandable on such a large discography )
Primus
Pulp
The Rasmus
The Shins
Stromae
Sum 41
Titus Andronicus ( their last album is a perfect example of this )
Two Gallants
The Veils
The View
+/-
The Airborne Toxic Event
Architecture In Helsinki
Biffy Clyro
Blonde Redhead
Blue October
The Clash
Crippled Black Phoenix
The Dear Hunter
Enter Shikari
The Futureheads
Genesis
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

I won't even consider bands who have a great first album and then nothing, like Kaiser Chiefs or Say Anything.

Sorry, I scrolled through my iTunes and this turned out bigger than expected
Quote by seventh_angel
I think it'd be way harder to discuss bands that people find consistently good, because this case is adequate to most musicians, imo.

damien rice
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by seventh_angel at #33777982
I think it'd be way harder to discuss bands that people find consistently good, because this case is adequate to most musicians, imo.

Deftones ofc
can't believe I forgot to say The Strokes. I can't stand Comedown Machine

oh and BTBAM fluctuates widely album to album for me but that's kinda their thing I guess

and newest front bottoms blows ass but I love love love everything else
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 14, 2016,
Quote by K'Nuckles
Morbid Angel. IDI sucked bigstyle.

WHERE THE SLIME LIVE *hergadergaderga*
WHERE THE SLIME LIVE *hergadergederpa*

Morbid Angel are masters of death metal. And also industrial radikult stormtrooperhouse!
Quote by seventh_angel at #33777997
I just find them very boring when they're not too noisy for my taste. And I don't like the man's voice.

EDIT: I should let you know that my taste doesn't make much sense.

it's ok; it's these kinds of wrong opinions about music that will make people enjoy my music in the future
I've tried so hard to like deftones and I just can't

I don't find them bad. It's just that absolutely nothing about them stands out to me in any way. I don't get it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Adrenaline, White Pony, and R&B sides = A++++
Everything else = in the C+, C- range
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33778011
Adrenaline, White Pony, and R&B sides = A++++
Everything else = in the C+, C- range

This is definitely the most unique Deftones opinion I've ever heard
I think tuning down every album made them worse.
They used to be my favorite band but the last half of their catalog has been pretty bland imo.
Adrenaline was perfect, the greatest hard rock/metal album ever to me.
Was very simple but aptly titled.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jan 15, 2016,
Page 1 of 3