Hey people! I'll keep it simple

So, here's the scenario, i bought an audio interface (Komplete Audio 6) with left and right inputs, and i have a guitar, with 1 output, logically.

Now, what do i need to do, get a DI box and have about 3 cables, or get a Y connector (which i think will definetly fuck up the sound)?

P.S: It's not that i can't turn my guitar mono, I know how to do that and still listen centered, but for recording, i'd prefer to solve this issue.
I'm not sure what are you asking exactly.

If you are tracking directly, you can pan the left to the center, and hear it in the center. Probably with the software/driver of the interface on the PC.

If what you want is recording in mono, but sounding stereo, you can record mono, in a mono channel, and then send that mono channel to a stereo channel to add stereo effects (delay, reverb, modulation, etc)

What you are saying. Split your guitar in two, so it can record right and left at the same time, doesn't have any sense, as basically you will be recording two times the same mono input... ¿?
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
What i'm saying is, i have no issue in listening/recording the guitar centered from L channel or in mono.

But what i want is to use the L and R from my interface inputs, and the guitar only has one output, should I use some kind of box or some alternative? I'm not sure how the circuits are made
Quote by jcristo.drake
What i'm saying is, i have no issue in listening/recording the guitar centered from L channel or in mono.

But what i want is to use the L and R from my interface inputs, and the guitar only has one output, should I use some kind of box or some alternative? I'm not sure how the circuits are made

There's literally no reason you should do that There's no benefit I can see, at least if we're talking about basic guitar recording.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
What?

Here's some basics;

For full sounding riffs, make two tracks, pan one left (85-100%), pan one right (85-100%), play one take for each track and there you go, copy pasting won't sound full, so don't do it unless you just want to write down the idea.

For stereo fx, atleast in reaper, make one main track, make two child tracks for this track, pan one left (85-100%), pan one right (85-100%), put the stereo plugin in the main track, arm both child tracks to record, play your stuff and there you go. If you want it to sound full then play your stuff two times, once for each side.
Yes double tracking, I've learnt that too. Well thanks, I still don't know how to connect L and R, but thanks anyway
You can record guitar direct, then duplicate your finished take and apply different effects in the recording software.
Some software like Guitar rig and Amplitube, etc. will have option to create stereo amps.
I only use stereo when I track from a processor like my GT-10 or dual mic setup like I do when reamping.
The Komplete Audio 6, or any interface does not have Left and Right inputs, they're just 2 inputs if you want to record 2 instruments/mics at the same time if you want to.

Why would you want to connect one single guitar to both of them?

Like the option exists, but it's pretty much useless. It can be done if you have a multi-fx processor with stereo output, like the Axe-FX or a Digitech RP500/1000.

If you want the guitar to sound stereo just make a stereo track on your DAW and use the stereo FX on that track.

But sending the exact same signal through 2 inputs to make it sound stereo is just unnecesarily complicating things, unless you're using an external device with stereo output.

Have a single track recorded center, apply a sweeping pan on it. That way whatever effect you have on it will get auto-panned left and right, creating a stereo effect.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.