Quote by sashki

It's basically like the Variax but even weirder. Price is going to be £718 (can't find a source for US pricing yet). Opinions?

No opinions yet; haven't touched one, and I can't form opinions off YouTube demos.

The relatively new Variax Standard is $799 here in the US.
Last edited by dspellman at Jan 15, 2016,
$799 will translate to £799! Or in the case of a Fender deluxe reverb 65 $1099 becomes £1199..
Seems cool.

That 12 string sound isn't very convincing though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Seems cool.

That 12 string sound isn't very convincing though.

Maybe having some real competition in the market will force standards up?

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
looks too space-age, kinda like a MM Bongo bass and a Parker Fly had a baby. I guess Ugly is the word I'm looking for
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Maybe having some real competition in the market will force standards up?

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

I personally think we're getting to a point where modeling of the guitar itself might be more of a thing. It's been around since the mid-2000's, but it's been above some folks budgets (the JTVs are in the $1000+ range) and guitarists have approached it like that tribe of monkeys approaching the monolith.

OTOH, most guitarists haven't mastered coil taps yet, and those have been around nearly half a century.
Hmm sounds pretty much like a cheapo guitar and line 6 amp. I'll need to hear a lot more warmth before I'm interested
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
You know what, i'd get it just because it looks so freaking cool!
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I only just noticed it's called "starstream" and not "starscream" as I initially thought.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The 12 string sound sucked, imo. But I think it's interesting that they've also gone for some synth based sounds as well, which kinda sets it apart from the Variax.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.